Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys I need some solid info please as I am about to buy a F2 head unit...
My current set up sbf Windsor 435ci tfs r heads 368int/268exh I run c16 4" piping with a frozen boost 2000hp W/A cooler my F1r is an old 5.0 step up with 77/48 cog and I spin the motor 8000-8200rpm and I see 16-17psi ..
This is a a CSU blow thru dual seats carb set up... Best ET is so far [email protected] with only 23 total timing... If I upgrade to the F2 and use 66/48 pulleys I am I going to pick up ..?
Anybody ..?
Thx

Is the bigger blower with less impeller speed better than the smaller blower with more impeller speed ..?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Is the bigger blower with less impeller speed better than the smaller blower with more impeller speed ..?
That is the million dollar question. The answer is sometimes. In your case as long as you have enough cam I think an F2 will be a very good upgrade.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
I'm gonna guess 22-26 psi with the 66/50 combo at 8000 rpm. This is just based off some data I have on a 408" motor.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
I had a discussion once with a tech from procharger about buying an F1x to replace my F2. He said I'd be wasting money.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had a discussion once with a tech from procharger about buying an F1x to replace my F2. He said I'd be wasting money.
Well the class I race has no limitation on blower size lollll so..., its simple rules 29.5 NO W.. Is the biggest tire and a minimum weight that I am way over and I run true 28's stiffs ... It's a 7.9-8.2 ET field ... I was in the finals first event and I red lighted and the other guys turbo car just died on the line lolll and the second event I won so all I need is to be in the 7.9 zone that's why I want the F2 and when the class gets quicker Ill have room to grow easly with the F2... My car is consistent and even with the F1r there is a lot more but I have a good F2 head unit available for a decent price...! The guy I am buying it from run [email protected] with it and a similar motor to mine but with Yates heads....

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
They make similar power but the curves are way different. Small tire stuff is easier to get down the track with the F1-X.

·
Registered
12,566 Posts
X is more lazy off the brake depending on combo then comes on very hard. It's not any easier that's all converter and gear used. The F2 definitely makes more boost. You put that F2 on you should go 7.70s or 80s with ease if converter is right. Honestly if track is good these blowers will go 7.30s or 40s just like the x

1 - 20 of 49 Posts