Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
56,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the market for a 2014 F150 with the ecoboost engine.
What options would you get for towing. It will not be predominately used for towing, but I will occasionally have up to 7000 or so behind it. I want to equip the truck with as much towing stuff on it from the factory if possible.
An XLT trim would be fine for me, but let me know if another trim level would come with options I should consider.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
What options would you get for towing. It will not be predominately used for towing, but I will occasionally have up to 7000 or so behind it. I want to equip the truck with as much towing stuff on it from the factory if possible.
An XLT trim would be fine for me, but let me know if another trim level would come with options I should consider.

Thanks in advance.
the 2015 will be 800 lbs lighter a alum body

·
Registered
323 Posts
Kinda in the same market but mostly daily driver, no towing. Not sold on the aluminum body thing, let someone else experiment with that. Anyone have any real issues with the Ecoboost? Sure runs good compared to the Coyote..........:cool: JB

·
Banned
119,191 Posts
Get the trailer tow package with a 3.55 gear unless you live in the mountain's then get a 3.73 gear.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
5.0 engine, 3.55 2wd or 3.73 4wd, limited slip or electronic locking differential, back up camera, trailer towing package, integrated electronic brake controller....

·
Banned
119,191 Posts
Thanks!
Anything else you would get on it? (From a functional standpoint, anyway.)
They do good with a trailer to package ,Maybe buy a air bag kit for the rear leaf springs is all I would think about adding to mine .

·
23,498 Posts

Thanks in advance.
Me too believe it or not.

3.15 electronic lock rr axle
7100 pound gvwr package
6speed w/tow mode
fail safe cooling system
Equipment group 302a

I would look for a low gear ratio in your case.
I don't need as I would only pulling my race car.

Truck we were looking at was 44,915 and my wife has them down to 31,082.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
I have a 2004 F-350 FX 4 and decided to get a F-150 for a Dailey driver. This January I picked up a left over 2013 4dr 6.5 foot bed 4x4 E Boost XLT. It is a great truck and it has a lot more things standard on it than the 2004. It is a basic XLT not a lot of options, but standard they come with a lot. I like the bench seat so I can haul 6 people, if needed. I thought I wanted another FX 4, but it was a lot of extra $ and had things I didn't want or care about. Mine has the trailer hitch and built in trailer brake. The backup camera is great for hooking up to trailers. I don't know what gear ratio I have, but it pulled a 8000 ls trailer real well. The E Boost has a 2000 lb higher towing rating than the 5.0 (from the data I could find when I got mine).

1 - 20 of 39 Posts