Yellow Bullet Forums banner

281 - 300 of 327 Posts

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
They're both tools to use, neither do the same thing completely and there are times that one is going to work out better than the other (limiters vs best double adjustable shock in the world, or less than).

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
What's a good base ride height setting for these cars? I need a good starting point to set it at to get front to rear ratio close without scales. Should it sit level or with some rake with the rear higher. I see cars working well set up both ways. Car has coil overs up front and wolfe adjustable spring perches in rear now so I can adjust all 4 corners finally. What measurements do you guys suggest for a car on 28x10.5's? I see a lot of people talking about the fender lip to the ground measurement.

·
Registered
914 Posts
What's a good base ride height setting for these cars? I need a good starting point to set it at to get front to rear ratio close without scales. Should it sit level or with some rake with the rear higher. I see cars working well set up both ways. Car has coil overs up front and wolfe adjustable spring perches in rear now so I can adjust all 4 corners finally. What measurements do you guys suggest for a car on 28x10.5's? I see a lot of people talking about the fender lip to the ground measurement.
Very hard to say. So many things change the measurements. Heck, the chassis and fender mounts can be off....plus spring rate, plus car weight,plus tire size and pressure........

Here is mine fwiw and the driver weight has to be IN THE CAR.

LF 25 13/16
LR 28 6/16
RF 25 9/16
RR 28 2/16

Good luck and scale the car afterward to get it right.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Solid heim in a slider has been madman's design and has proven to be extremely effective. The shackle, some will saay is fine, or works just as well.... But I will stick with the guy that's been making tq arm cars work since the beginning.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Understand that the madman piece has a solid heim joint with a couple height adjustments on the front, and that tube that the heim is on slides inside the main lower tube of the arm itself. It's not a solid joint and has for/aft movement, just does not pivot the front point is fixed.

His arm is adjustable at the rear end as well so the entire tq arm can be raised and lowered.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Have a 3rd gen Camaro and was wondering what is the best way to find CG and IC? It's a stock location susp. Has Spohn TA and MWC adjustable control arms and Double AA relocation brackets. Also just installed Wolfe anti roll bar. Has anyone used this with good results?

·
Registered
134 Posts
i installed Strange fox body struts on my 3 th gen Trans am i have 12" 150# springs and they are 1/4" from coil bind (between coils) and the car is verry stiff . What coils size you guys use with this modification .The car weight 2950# total,1630# front 1320# back .
29.5-10-15 bpr 27.5-4-15 m/t fr
thank you

·
Registered
275 Posts
i installed Strange fox body struts on my 3 th gen Trans am i have 12" 150# springs and they are 1/4" from coil bind (between coils) and the car is verry stiff . What coils size you guys use with this modification .The car weight 2950# total,1630# front 1320# back .
thank you
4th gens are probably different from 3rd gens (4th gens use a modified McPherson strut setup where 3rd gens use a traditional McPherson strut), but I have 300# springs on mine. Others use a 275# spring.

·
Registered
442 Posts
thank you
I have a very similar setup 1600 on the nose. i tried 14 x 275 and no way would it fit or work ride height was jacked. i went down to a 14 x 225 ride height is all the way down plan to see how it works in the next few weeks if i dont like the ride height i will change to 12 x 225 i should have just went with that from the beginning.

281 - 300 of 327 Posts