Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Madman midplate in a 2002 Firebird project i'm working on. I plan on installing a 1 1/4'' crossmember over the top from framerail to framerail and bolt the plate to it with 2 tabs and 3/8'' bolts.Will this eliminate the need for a front to rear torque limiter bar ? It will have the 1/4'' alum. front plates also.This is just a bracket car with a full 12 pt. cage. If anyone has any pics of this please post them. Thanks

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rogue86, that is exactly what i plan on doing. I guess i will go ahead and do the limiters too. Nice job on yours, i like that orange !! Did you have to notch the windshield area or is that just for convenience ? I have'nt put heads, intake and carb on mine yet to see if it will clear. I'm running a sbc in mine also. More pics of the whole engine bay if you dont mind. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i weld the midplate to a 1 1/4" tube over the top of it then weld that to the frame rails then off the top of that i run 2 tubes to the dash bar then i forget the limiters.

there are pics in the murderbird thread.
Thanks Justin, I'll check that out. Probably a little cheaper to do it that way too. No rod ends involved.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Thanks, 69RS. You might be able to get by without notching it, but it would be very tight. I still can't remove the distributor without moving the motor forward. I did it this way so I could keep the factory plastics, and put a cowl hood on and it would look "factory". But if I had to do it again, I would cut the cowl back all the way across and buy a hood that runs all the way to windshield. Here's a couple photos. The one of the engine bay is older, and I've done a lot to clean up the wiring and plumbing. Feel free to shoot me PM if you have questions on the conversion.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,433 Posts
i weld the midplate to a 1 1/4" tube over the top of it then weld that to the frame rails then off the top of that i run 2 tubes to the dash bar then i forget the limiters.

there are pics in the murderbird thread.
Exactly how I would do it too. I still have Moroso solid mounts in mine so they are my limiters. I have no need to remove them, they aren't in the way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts