Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about doing a fast xfi system on my dohc turbo motor. B heads,stock cams,283 ci,th400,a/a ic.What all parts are needed to do this swap? Can I still use my stock coils or do I have to swap to a gm LS style coil? Who seems to have the best prices on such parts? Thanks for your help guys.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
The XFI requires the use of the XIM box piggy backed (not sure about the coils required) while a BS3 is self sufficient, one box, one harness, but does require the GM coils.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The XFI requires the use of the XIM box piggy backed (not sure about the coils required) while a BS3 is self sufficient, one box, one harness, but does require the GM coils.

Id rather stay away from the GM coils. Just dont really have the room to do them. And im sure its cheaper to use the stock coils/cops

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
The XIM box costs alot more than the coils but I hear ya

·
Registered
8,467 Posts
I would do the GM coils. The power you most likely want to make won't happen with the stockers. Hope you're doing good Jim.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would do the GM coils. The power you most likely want to make won't happen with the stockers. Hope you're doing good Jim.

Im stepping back in power. New motor smaller turbo.No need to make over 1k at the tire anymore.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Pretty sure you have to run the XIM box either way. Stock or gm coils.
What I meant was BS3 + GM coils vs XFI + XIM (assuming they use the stk coils). I think its less expensive, simpler (1 box & 1 harness) and better coils.

·
Registered
49,494 Posts
If your running a mod motor you have 2 choices.

XFI+XIM to use the factory wheels

or XFI Crank trigger and a distributor of some sort.

BS3 will decode the factory wheel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts