Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering with the classic unit what will i need to fire it up and run under boost......i got the unit dirt cheap...........drag car sbc

·
Registered
12,568 Posts
The correct map sensor for target boost. Make sure it's in speed density mode. From there it will be a learning curve to see what motor like with all the enrichments and fuel map. You can turn the o2 correction on and data log to get the fuel map very close to target

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well ok i got this box from a local guy.....it has a wiring harness but no sensors.... what i did was send it to fast to have it bench tested......i dont have a clue as to what all the box needs to be able to set it uo in my car ........i have a intake that i will be having set up for the efi items and will get the throtle body........so will the box have what i need to wire or would i have to buy any other supporting gear......also where can i find a instructions and the program to run it

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
If you just have the box you are about half way there.

You will need a map sensor(50), wideband sensor(200), air temp(25) , coolant sensor(25) and tps(25).

You will also need either a fast dual sync distributor. Or a fast/MSD mag pickup and a distributor modified for a cam sync signal.

That is for a sequential system, if it is bank to bank you old need a crank trigger.

Was the harness on a SBC of SBF... you will have to modify the injector harness if the firing order is different.

·
Super Moderator
9,242 Posts
You will need a new engine soon as well if you don't know how to set it up. Get someone with experience to help you. This will cost money but save more money in the long run.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I also will be running the FAST Classic... Does the box come with the basic fuel and timing tables programmed to make the car run?

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
I also will be running the FAST Classic... Does the box come with the basic fuel and timing tables programmed to make the car run?
If you can find a tune from another car with a similar combo who also uses a Classic system, you can load it into your system and build from that. Otherwise you will have to find a tuner who can build you a custom tune.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
i was wondering with the classic unit what will i need to fire it up and run under boost......i got the unit dirt cheap...........drag car sbc
Fist thing you need to do is call FAST with your box serial numbers to make sure it will work with your engine set-up. Hopefully you got the system from a car very similar to yours. The classic systems had to be configured for ignition strategy and other options rather than just selecting items from a menu like the new systems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts