Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Ask me about my Weiner!..
7,802 Posts
It would only be a good truck if you put some of those forward facing manifolds in it, with 2 of those mufflers that use a spinning action to muffle the sound..

Thats a job I certainly wouldnt want to do, remove exhaust studs on one of those engines.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Aero 3030 sounds really good on them

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Ive done this job before, complete pain in the arse. Good job

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,413 Posts
Shit for 12 hours I would have removed heads. When I was at ford we would get something like 9.2 to R+R the heads when the spark plugs would pop out. This was before the repair kit was made. I'd always have 1 or 2 manifold bolts snap, alot easier to fix on the bench.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
12 HRS REMOVE 20 STUDS FRESH MANIFOLDS AND Y PIPE .
SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD TRUCK NOW
Do yourself a favor and go to the hardware store and spend five bucks on a couple pieces of flat tin and zipties and build yourself splash shileds for the inner fenderwells to keep water from splashing directly at the exhaust manifolds....you won't have any problems after that.

·
Registered
10,371 Posts
i got a question for you v10 guy's

i went to look at a 04 v10 f250
it had headers back , cold air , tuner , msd stuff and the guy told me he had the heads and intake extrude honed
he's telling me he picked up on fuel consummation like some where in the 16 empty and 13 loaded

whats your thought on this , price is not to bad

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
i got a question for you v10 guy's

i went to look at a 04 v10 f250
it had headers back , cold air , tuner , msd stuff and the guy told me he had the heads and intake extrude honed
he's telling me he picked up on fuel consummation like some where in the 16 empty and 13 loaded

whats your thought on this , price is not to bad
I doubt those mileage claims, unless its a regular cab, 2WD, he drives 50 mph, and 'loaded' means the guy has had a few beers!

I get 13 in the summer and 11 in the winter and I try real hard to get good mileage...

·
Registered
10,371 Posts
it's a 4 door, 6.5 box
he says never over 65 on the hwy
it's clean inside and out
he's on it every 5K , sen. oil filter , etc
he also said extrude hon. was the best thing for the truck
better then tuner and full exhaust

i don't know , thats why i asked

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
it's a 4 door, 6.5 box
he says never over 65 on the hwy
it's clean inside and out
he's on it every 5K , sen. oil filter , etc
he also said extrude hon. was the best thing for the truck
better then tuner and full exhaust

i don't know , thats why i asked
That is the same body style I have but an 04 is the last year of the 2V. I think the 2V gets a bit better mpg than the 3V because of the higher torque down low.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts