Yellow Bullet Forums banner

# Of Mags. You Carry.

• I carry 1 extra mag.

Votes: 18 37.5%
  • I carry 2 extra mags.

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • The mag. in the pistol is enough for me.

Votes: 23 47.9%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
In Glock I Trust
6,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Who here HONESTLY carries extra mags. everyday?
Besides those that are LEO's obviously.
Discuss.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
i always have a few magazines in my truck. HOT ROD, GMHTP, maybe a FSC or something too.

·
In Glock I Trust
6,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe I should have made it clear.
Carry on your person.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
nobody unless your paranoid. here in chicago, you will never get a chance to use the first magazine much less reload and try for a second..................and this place is loaded with scum.

·
Registered
8,136 Posts

·
your mamas ride home
15,297 Posts
Depends on my activity. regular things like shopping one extra. in the garage nothing but the gun. traveling as many as i can hide/carry comfortably.

·
Dick for hire
17,960 Posts
Just the mag for me. 7+1 is okay in my book, given that most encounters use something like 2-3 rounds.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I see it like this; the reason i carry is because i'm not expecting trouble, but i want to be prepared for it.
I carry an extra mag for the same reason.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Just the mag for me. 7+1 is okay in my book, given that most encounters use something like 2-3 rounds.
I have been known to carry 2-3 extras (horizontal @ belly, vertical weak side and horizontal in the SOB-facing strong side); not because of the gross round count, but because regardless of the position of my body in whether moving or taking cover, I want to have access to bring another magazine into battery.

Now in the perfect world; one magazine may be fine round count wise, but what if you have a malfuntion or FTF? The quickest thing is to drop the mag, clear the weapon and recharge. Now having one mag, doesn't leave much of a contingency plan other than retreating or pointing your finger.

M

·
Dick for hire
17,960 Posts
I have been known to carry 2-3 extras (horizontal @ belly, vertical weak side and horizontal in the SOB-facing strong side); not because of the gross round count, but because regardless of the position of my body in whether moving or taking cover, I want to have access to bring another magazine into battery.

Now in the perfect world; one magazine may be fine round count wise, but what if you have a malfuntion or FTF? The quickest thing is to drop the mag, clear the weapon and recharge. Now having one mag, doesn't leave much of a contingency plan other than retreating or pointing your finger.

M
If I have to reload in the middle of using my gun for any reason, I'm probably screwed and should probably be running. I'm not special forces, I acknowledge that I won't be clearing a malfunction in the middle of a firefight and continuing.

But you have inadvertently made a very good case for a backup gun. Neither I nor most people are going to be clearing a weapon malfunction under real duress, but we can sure as shit drop the gun in our hands and pull out another one in the middle of an encounter.

·
your mamas ride home
15,297 Posts
If I have to reload in the middle of using my gun for any reason, I'm probably screwed and should probably be running. I'm not special forces, I acknowledge that I won't be clearing a malfunction in the middle of a firefight and continuing.

But you have inadvertently made a very good case for a backup gun. Neither I nor most people are going to be clearing a weapon malfunction under real duress, but we can sure as shit drop the gun in our hands and pull out another one in the middle of an encounter.
Well said. if i have to reload its gonna be likely im not gonna make it that far with just a pistol.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
I carry one extra on my weak side. I never expect to use it, never intend to, but if I need it its there. I carry a pt145, mags are 10rnd .45acp. Picking up a ruger LCP if this asshole ever comes to buy my bedroom set.

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
13 rounds in the gun is enough. If I run out, I picked the wrong battle. I can see carrying one for mechanical failure vs round count but Im going on 3,000 rounds through my xd with no FTF.

·
In Glock I Trust
6,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, sorry bout that. I shoulda put an option up there for revolver guys.

·
Registered
223 Posts
usually carry either a .40 with two extra mags, or a .45 with at least one extra mag and a 9mm with an extra mag (backup gun). at a minimum of 17 rounds primary, with 30 rounds of back up. certain situations, i have 37 rounds primary, 30 rounds backup, 5 rounds OH SHIT!.....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts