Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI im steping up from 26 inch tall drag radial to a 28 inch tall drag radial i got 3.42 gears ,4000 stall b/b 454 N/A 530hp 3750lbs best 60ft 1.66 ,going to taller tyre to get more side wall ,
the question is step up from 150 shot to 200shot make up for the extra tyre height ,dont want to kill me 60ft with to tall a tyre with 3.42 gears ,
thanks
victtor

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
HI anyone ot there with any advise on this matter as i need order tyres within da next week, has m/t started makin the 275/60/15 drag radail yet i heard they had production issuies
thanks
victtor

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Yep

HI anyone ot there with any advise on this matter as i need order tyres within da next week, has m/t started makin the 275/60/15 drag radail yet i heard they had production issuies
thanks
victtor

275's back in full production....most places already have them. At least for now.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Ive never heard of such a thing. a mild bbc with those gears will probably go just as fast or faster with same shot. Only thing is the converter will not be as effecient. more spray will only compound the problem. leave it alone and see what happens.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok thanks for reply so you recon just put the 28 inch tall tyre on with 342 gears and up the spray 50hp to compenstate for extra tyre height im traping at 6000 rpm,on 150shot, n/a power is 5700-5800 how many lees revs less would i expect to see going over the line converter is 11 inch 4000 flash thanks
victtor

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
No he's saying a 28" tire may not hurt your ET if you have a torquey big block on the hose. Extra nitrous may or may not flash the converter too much, resulting in a slower ET. Make 1 change at a time. Stay at 150 and add the bigger tires and report back the results. We're all into seeing timeslips! Watch the rpm's at the finish line. Then decide if you want to try the 200 shot. goodluck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts