Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK fellas, is there anything off the shelf that can keep these darn sugar/piss ants out of my house? These are the little, I mean real little black ants. I've tried spectrizide, Demon etc.. With no success. What say you fellas, what do you recommend?

Thanks,
Glenn

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
little bastards are everywhere!!! I see them at stores,gas stations,houses.

Yes sir they sure are, little bastards is a good word for them lol.

·
SunDial Express
1,437 Posts
I use 2 different and both work great at getting rid of them when you see them. Both i got at Home Depot.

Terro ant killer. This is in a small clear plastic bottle with white cap.
The other is Protexall "ant-kil" white plastic bottle with red cap.

These are no more than a couple of ounces. Just spread a couple of drops through out the trail that they run. It is amazing to see how many there really are when you put the drops drops down and in a day they are gone. Great stuff.

·
Registered
147 Posts
My grandmother used to swear that if you pour ammonia across the door sills window sills it would keep them out. I think it might have something to do with disrupting the scent trails they leave for others to follow.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool thanks Ed, I'll give those a shot.

BTW, I love your quote, I have that on a T shirt.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Go one ebay and search for termidor!!!! This shit will rid you of your ants .. 1 oz per a gallon of water in a sprayer.. works cuase i had ants coming out everywhere.. used this stuff in a week they where completely gone.. i sprayed every 4 mounths around the house sidewalls everywhere and i thought ants might hang.... Awesome stuff

http://www.termidorhome.com/

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Go one ebay and search for termidor!!!! This shit will rid you of your ants .. 1 oz per a gallon of water in a sprayer.. works cuase i had ants coming out everywhere.. used this stuff in a week they where completely gone.. i sprayed every 4 mounths around the house sidewalls everywhere and i thought ants might hang.... Awesome stuff

http://www.termidorhome.com/

Thank you, I'll give that a look as well.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A little humor never hurts :-D

Looks like you got your answer though. I was going to ask if you have been having recent rains. I seem to get ants when it's been raining for a few days.
It's all good, I'm pretty easy going. Yes we've had a wet winter and a little rain here recently. Been the last couple years I've been battling these little bastards! They don't like brake clean as I've found out, but that's not a long term solution.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
OK fellas, is there anything off the shelf that can keep these darn sugar/piss ants out of my house? These are the little, I mean real little black ants. I've tried spectrizide, Demon etc.. With no success. What say you fellas, what do you recommend?

Thanks,
Glenn

There's a hilarious comeback to this question........but I'm not gonna say it.

On a more serious note, we used to have them at where I work untill I set out some of those RAID Ant Baits. They worked great, and look like little igloos with two entrances.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Since you've already tired the brake cleaner, I won't mention duct tape :p

Happy hunting !
That reminds me of a good one, if a hammer doesn't fix it, it's an electrical problem. Always loved that one.

Or if it doesn't move WD40, if it does move Duct tape it.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There's a hilarious comeback to this question........but I'm not gonna say it.

Oh do tell, I'm always good for a laugh :)

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
I just put some diesel in a 1gallon spray bottle and go around the perimeter of my home. It seems to work pretty good.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I use a 10% mix of borax and honey, heat the honey up in the nuke until it's real thin, and add the borax, mix and put out as bait... Just keep the kids and pets away.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts