Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a white enclosed trailer that is less than a year old. It has some dark stains from water running off the roof. I've tried a few things but didn't have any luck. What have you guys used???

·
T/S 368E
28,981 Posts

They actually make trailer streat remover. My neighbor uses it and it works great on his white aluminum snow mobile trailer.
I used "totally awesome" on my trailer when I bought it and it worked great, just don't make it too strong or allow it to dry.
It is strong stuff.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts

They actually make trailer streat remover. My neighbor uses it and it works great on his white aluminum snow mobile trailer.
I used "totally awesome" on my trailer when I bought it and it worked great, just don't make it too strong or allow it to dry.
It is strong stuff.

Go to your local Dollar General and pick up the Totally Awesome ... it's, well AWESOME! As stated dilute it (there are mixture rates on the bottle). It will remove all of your streaks and it's cheap!

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Try wd 40!

·
T/S 368E
28,981 Posts

Never heard of wd 40 on paint as a cleaner?? Plus like we posted, totally awesome works perfect when used correctly!!!
Much cheaper than wd 40.

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
After you get it clean, (I use Crown cleaner, in the auto cleaning section in a brown jug at Menards), look and see if you can install small aluminum side gutters. They direct the rain to the ends. I had inTech trailers make some and install them on my new trailer. Mostly eliminates any side stains. Only side issue is birds like to roost on the gutters and then you have to clean up after them. But way less issue than the stains.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
After you get it clean, (I use Crown cleaner, in the auto cleaning section in a brown jug at Menards), look and see if you can install small aluminum side gutters. They direct the rain to the ends. I had inTech trailers make some and install them on my new trailer. Mostly eliminates any side stains. Only side issue is birds like to roost on the gutters and then you have to clean up after them. But way less issue than the stains.
Can you post a pic of those?

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Probably no pictures.

Thin 1 1/2" aluminum angle with about a 3/8" bent up to form a channel. Mounted to the top trim along the side.

I think inTech has since added it to their accessory list. Maybe a picture is on their site.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Probably no pictures.

Thin 1 1/2" aluminum angle with about a 3/8" bent up to form a channel. Mounted to the top trim along the side.

I think inTech has since added it to their accessory list. Maybe a picture is on their site.
When/if anyone finds these I would be interested also. My trailer has some nasty black streaks running off the roof.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I coincidence I stumble on a youtube vide of the totally awesome stuff. I'm convenced. lol The Trimlok stuff looks cool as long as it doesn't come off and flap in the wind like a loose strap.

·
T/S 368E
28,981 Posts

So was I, but I took a phone call and let a spot dry, and it's messed up now :( SO again, be careful, the stuff is that good.

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
The Crown cleaner is better than the Totally Awesome in my opinion, if you can find it. It is more expensive though. Not as critical as to drying and won't remove any of the finish. I have used both. The T-A will turn a rag the color of your trailer if you get it too strong. Those plastic gutters look good is they stay on.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
both of my tow rigs are diesel and I get black smut from the exhaust on my trailer. I tried a bunch of different soaps to remove the black but none really worked. One day I tried soft scrub that you buy to scrub your bathtub in the house. It removed the black and left the side of the trailer nice and white. I ended up using it like polishing compound with a buffer and the trailer looked really nice when I finished it and waxed it. You have to do it in the shade though. wet the side and squirt on some soft scrub on the polishing wheel the buff the side. Wash the residue off before it dries.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I've found that keeping the top of the trailer clean reduces the black stains. And also keeping the trailer waxed makes it easier to get the black streaks off. Oops I said black I meant african american stripes lol Dont wont to offend anyone.

·
T/S 368E
28,981 Posts

I said that at work today. We use a black jacket fiber for phones/internet.
So now we have to redo 1000's of poles and switch to blue or green jacketed fibers!!!!

·
Registered
7,286 Posts
Awesome here, just not regularly enough. Mine got real bad, 22 yrs old, and I got it looking a lot better last year with it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I use totally awesome. I get in from dollar general but I saw it in Lowes the other day. I put it in a garden sprayer. I do one panel at a time. Spray the panel top to bottom. Let it set a min. and use a sponge mop to wash the panel then spray it off with water.

·
Registered
958 Posts
So I got some of that totally awesome stuff coming off of amazon in spray bottles. Just spray it on like that, or mix some of it into a bucket of water? I tried to use a little bit of super clean just now and it immediately took the stain off in 2 seconds, and then the paint in another 8 seconds. So i got an ugly ass yellowish spot on the bottom of my side door now. Really dont want to do that to the whole trailer, otherwise Ill be reskinning the thing.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts