Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
T/S 368E
29,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Saw a trailer with speakers mounted up by the lights.
I found a bunch that would work fine on a RV & boat site, but how are they really in the real world,
especially in 0 degree weather with wind & moisture.
Obviously our cars get cold, but at least they are never exposed.

Does anyone have exterior speakers, how long have they lasted, does the sound deteriorate over time??

·
Registered
120 Posts
I mounted some 6" boat units on the side of my trailer. I also put two of them in the interior wall. Felt like if they were at chest level or so we could hear them better. Had them in for a little less than 3 years but what I have found is that I need a better head unit. I had a leftover from an old truck project and it's okay but something better - well would be better. So far no issues with the speakers themselves and we been in single to triple digits around here. When I mounted them, I did put a bead of sealant around the mounting edge before fastening them down. I figure the aluminum panel was going to vibrate some anyway and I would try to give the speaker a fighting chance. And a mistake I made, need to move my receiver antenna up to the roof. I mounted mine on the tongue storage box and if I'm surrounded by trailers, I don't get a good signal. Hope this helps.

·
T/S 368E
29,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thanks, I'll risk it if they lasted that long.
My antenna is up by the weather station, zero issues.

I just didn't want to waste time if they were junk.
I'm thinking a boat speaker has to be pretty damn tough??

·
T/S 368E
29,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

4 of the small Pyle 100 watt boat speakers on the way, thanks. 2 for the racecar trailer and 2 for the RV :)

They had bigger, but I decided we only need to hear the rounds called not blasting Sabbath, so I got the smaller size.

Reactions: chasracer

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I have a small exterior box speaker that I have a plug on the outside of the trailer. I set it on the table under the awning and plug it in. That way I can hear the call to the lanes when my class is called.

·
T/S 368E
29,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I'm rewiring the entire trailer with LED spots & running lights, so now is the time to do something permanent.
Looks like I'll be in this trailer one more year :(
I'm not making any major purchases until the election disaster has settled down.
I've been using this for 25 years, it's time to make it nice!!!

·
Registered
120 Posts

I'm rewiring the entire trailer with LED spots & running lights, so now is the time to do something permanent.
Looks like I'll be in this trailer one more year :(
I'm not making any major purchases until the election disaster has settled down.
I've been using this for 25 years, it's time to make it nice!!!

View attachment 114437

Ha - not too bad, I have seen a lot worse. I think fixing up a trailer if it's not too bad is always a good idea.

·
T/S 368E
29,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Well I canceled the order, the guy was a jackass.
I asked if I could get 2 black & 2 white because my trailers are different colors.
He said it lists them as white.
SO I wrote back & said you sell the same speaker in singles, pairs or quads,
can't you just grab 2 of each and throw them in the box.
He said just go to my site and buy some blacks, so I canceled.

I'll go to another place after lunch and get something!!!

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
I got exterior speakers (marine) on my trailer. They sound great outside and was told they should last for a long time.

·
I kill parts
10,101 Posts
Pyle isn't known to be the best quality, but I'm not sure what really is in the lower price range.

I have some cheap Pioneer 6.5's mounted in angle cut 6" PVC pipe clean-out adapters on the doors of our trailer(sanded and sprayed with rattlecan bedliner). They're outside anytime the doors are open, plus a set of 6x9's in boxes inside. Stereo is mounted under the cabinets inside, I keep the remote laying in the pitpal

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Pyle isn't known to be the best quality, but I'm not sure what really is in the lower price range.

I have some cheap Pioneer 6.5's mounted in angle cut 6" PVC pipe clean-out adapters on the doors of our trailer(sanded and sprayed with rattlecan bedliner). They're outside anytime the doors are open, plus a set of 6x9's in boxes inside. Stereo is mounted under the cabinets inside, I keep the remote laying in the pitpal
View attachment 116041
Do you have better detailed pics of those, I like that idea.

·
I kill parts
10,101 Posts
Do you have better detailed pics of those, I like that idea.
Seems easier to remember those who have helped you in the past -

Just 3 little pieces of aluminum angle rivet inside the pipes, then screwed to the doors. Ran the wiring inside the hardware store aluminum tubing, looped loose enough to open/close with the doors.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
When I ordered my trailer thru haulmark, I had them put 2 speakers outside and 2 inside. Trailer is 10 years old. Never had any issues other then someone stealing my antenna off the roof. $15 bucks on eBay and it was replaced.

·
T/S 368E
29,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Who in the frick would steal an antenna??
They had to climb up there and cut the cable anyway, what good is all that:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts