Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday, May 31 was the worst day ever in the US for COVID-19 deaths with nearly 2000 reported, 730 in New York alone. The riots aren't the cause; not enough time for that many people to become infected, show symptoms and then die. So how will blue-state Governors react to the news? They're probably happy as a pig in shit but we'll see.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I truly hope that nobody is happy about the deaths of any of our fellow Americans. Unfortunately, it seems that we are just delaying the inevitable with the shutdowns.

·
Registered
363 Posts
If those stats are as they appear our governor (Murphy, NJ) will probably have us locked down til this time next year.

I'm over this crap. It's beyond time to open everything up and let the chips fall where they may.

·
Trolling the Trolls
14,744 Posts
^^^FAKE NEWS^^^

Real News United States Coronavirus: 1,837,170 Cases and 106,195 Deaths - Worldometer

April 26 = 2683 deaths in USA
May 06 = 2528 deaths in USA
May 31 = 638 deaths in USA (Sunday is a "light day" of reporting due to the weekend)

May 31 (GMT)
Updates
  • 20,350 new cases and 638 new deaths in the United States

NOTE on today's large increase in recoveries. Illinois has added Recoveries to their dashboard, specifically a "Recovery Rate" of 92% indicating that "Recovered cases are defined as persons with initial positive specimen collection date > 42 days who have not expired. Recovery rate is calculated as the recovered cases divided by the sum of recovered cases and deceased cases." This means the number of recovered is: deaths / 8 * 92 = 5,390 / 8 * 92 = 61,985
Now that said, the wild Memorial Day weekend should lead to s pike in cases around mid-June to July 4th.

·
Registered
22,585 Posts
I thought the governors had called off the lock downs everywhere.

How else could the rioters & protesters assemble to riot and protest?

Unless they got special exemptions to riot?

·
Son of Mr. David-get it ?
15,067 Posts
I thought the governors had called off the lock downs everywhere.

How else could the rioters & protesters assemble to riot and protest?

Unless they got special exemptions to riot?

They were deemed essential rioters.
They also got an exemption to wear their COVID-19 prevention masks.

Because....as everyone knows you cannot catch a virus during a riot

·
Registered
24,364 Posts
Or while wearing a $30 designer mask.

·
Registered
36,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^^FAKE NEWS^^^

Real News United States Coronavirus: 1,837,170 Cases and 106,195 Deaths - Worldometer

April 26 = 2683 deaths in USA
May 06 = 2528 deaths in USA
May 31 = 638 deaths in USA (Sunday is a "light day" of reporting due to the weekend)

May 31 (GMT)
Updates
  • 20,350 new cases and 638 new deaths in the United States

NOTE on today's large increase in recoveries. Illinois has added Recoveries to their dashboard, specifically a "Recovery Rate" of 92% indicating that "Recovered cases are defined as persons with initial positive specimen collection date > 42 days who have not expired. Recovery rate is calculated as the recovered cases divided by the sum of recovered cases and deceased cases." This means the number of recovered is: deaths / 8 * 92 = 5,390 / 8 * 92 = 61,985
Now that said, the wild Memorial Day weekend should lead to s pike in cases around mid-June to July 4th.
I guess we're getting our stats from different sources, proof positive that nobody is even making a halfway effort to get it right. Lot of difference between 638 and 2000.

·
Trolling the Trolls
14,744 Posts
I guess we're getting our stats from different sources, proof positive that nobody is even making a halfway effort to get it right. Lot of difference between 638 and 2000.
Why it is best to post a link to your source.

The link I posted and Johns Hopkins have been the two most reliable so far.

Then again, less are dying per day so the news haven't been listing the numbers, but with the events of late, I forsee a spike coming. If there is no spike, things might get even uglier.....or herd immunity has worked.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts