Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
For the geographically-challenged, that's just north and a little west of Royal Purple Raceway in Baytown. Flares burning off excess waste gasses from that plant are easily visible from the track. Fortunately, the damage appears to be limited to the facility itself and it's natural gas products that are burning, so there's no toxic smoke to deal with.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
or was it ?
price of unleaded going UP
Yep, they might not make anything but paint thinner there, but gas prices will jump because of it.

So, if you've got old, obsolete, inefficient petro/chemical plants that should be torn down, But wait! In today's economy it make more sense to have a convenient fire. Hmmmm..........

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
I wrote 'Houston Raceway Park" then changed it to RPR so I wouldn't get hammered for screwing up the name. It's getting tough to keep the names straight - IRP becomes ORP and then LRP, NRP becomes SREMP, gotta buy a scorecard to figger out where the action is any more.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Our company has the heavy equipment contract for this facility among others in area. I'm sitting in my trk watching it burn right now about 1/2 mile away. We bringing in equipment tonight to aid the response teams.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Our company has the heavy equipment contract for this facility among others in area. I'm sitting in my trk watching it burn right now about 1/2 mile away. We bringing in equipment tonight to aid the response teams.
Be safe Chad, Evadale is open this weekend for racing.......

·
broke phucker
5,523 Posts
They knew there was a problem in the control room and started shutting things down. That could have saved a bigger disaster from happening.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Won't be racing weather here in Texas for at least the next few days, another sub-freezing front is supposed to move through tomorrow. I hope this one doesn't trigger another bunch of rolling blackouts.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Wednesday morning - fire is out, all workers have been accounted for except one contract worker, who was supposed to be in the area where the initial explosion happened. Tough situation for his family, not knowing what happened to him, and the search teams started looking for him as soon as the fire burned itself out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts