Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4 galled jesel keyway roller tips on cyl. 1,3,2 and 4.:mad::mad::(:( Dailey belt driven wet sump. Plenty of oil and pressure. WTF???? Any ideas????

·
Registered
49,436 Posts
pics ?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dont have pics. its already at patterson's. theyre kinda baffeled as well at why. but the roller galled and ate the the cam as well.

·
Registered
49,436 Posts
dont have pics. its already at patterson's. theyre kinda baffeled as well at why. but the roller galled and ate the the cam as well.
Is the lifter bore bushed as well ? If so did they properly orient the oil hole.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
they were .937 lifters? i got an idea about this-i got a couple c5r blocks at the shop,one is set up for jesel keyway lifters.let me look at it in the morning and i'll let you know if my theory is correct.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is the lifter bore bushed as well ? If so did they properly orient the oil hole.
Yes the lifter bore is bushed, I am sure they are installed correctly as Pattersons is a top rated shop. They do ALOT of high end race engines across the country. Especially comp eliminator stuff.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they were .937 lifters? i got an idea about this-i got a couple c5r blocks at the shop,one is set up for jesel keyway lifters.let me look at it in the morning and i'll let you know if my theory is correct.
Yes. I would appreciate any input as to why. It only had 40-45 passes all but 2 are eighth mile.

·
out of work hair dresser
8,341 Posts
Pattersons is a top rated shop and do an ass load of small block and big block stuff. I'm not taking a dump or anything with a company of their caliber and the obvious engine building expertise is there. But this doesn't mean they have the proper fixtures or experience in LSx engines. How many Comp Eliminator LS engines do you see?

If they're equipped and well informed/experienced.......great. If not, they're on a learning curve. I'm not hatin' or insinuating anything, I'm just sayin'...............one isn't going to build a full race prep LSx engine with old skool SBC tools.

Hope they find the problem fairly quickly and get you back to racing soon!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Me too. They have a some LS1 engines in Top Stock and Super Stock. Qualifying #1 quite a bit. Bo Kenneys #1 qualifier cobalt.

bogan/kenney stocker.... it's for sale (I think.... heard bo was looking at some new mustangs!)

·
out of work hair dresser
8,341 Posts
Me too. They have a some LS1 engines in Top Stock and Super Stock. Qualifying #1 quite a bit. Bo Kenneys #1 qualifier cobalt.
Yeah man, I'm aware that there are some LS engines in CE and there were over 7 years ago. I'm also aware that Patterson has some engines in the classes. The shop I work for has been big in Class Racing since forever. Our business founder--Bobby Warren--has been inducted into into two Drag Racing Hall of Fame's.

http://dragracersreunion.ning.com/forum/topics/at-75-bobby-warren-becomes?page=1&commentId=2474192:Comment:52080&x=1#2474192Comment52080

http://www.ncdragracinghalloffame.com/2008_INDUCTEES.html

http://www.competitionplus.com/07_15_2004/bobby_warren.html

We know a little about Stock, SS, TS, Comp and Modified. ;)

I'm not taking anything away from Pattersons, please don't get me wrong on that. I'm just saying their tooling and experience with LS could possibly be far less than that of a good ole SBC. Once again, hopefully they'll get you fiXored in no time.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No prob. They are on it. I just want to know why. We know the what and how? No doubt they do far more old school sbc and bbc, but still do quite a few injected ls types.

·
Registered
49,436 Posts
Yes the lifter bore is bushed, I am sure they are installed correctly as Pattersons is a top rated shop. They do ALOT of high end race engines across the country. Especially comp eliminator stuff.
I am a ASE Master Certified Tech with L1 L2 and advanced electrical trouble shooting skills.

I fuck up time to time to.

Don't overlook the obvious.Galling indicates binding either from misaligned parts or inadequate lubrication.

·
Registered
49,436 Posts
I've seen this! It is not pretty at all!

Kidding Sean. :partyman:
Hey we all fuck up. It is how we deal with the situation afterwords that seperates the winners from the posers.

·
out of work hair dresser
8,341 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey did you ever come up with anything? Thanks.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No. They just said it looked like a lubrication problem, but haven't found anything to be out of alignment or anything out of spec. They are baffled as to why it galled up.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts