Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
23,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Citing lost box office sales that are "impossible to calculate," a California federal judge has issued an order to stop the operators of several websites from distributing stolen copies of the upcoming film "The Expendables 3."
In granting a preliminary injunction to Lions Gate, U.S. District Court Judge Margaret Morrow said in a ruling in Los Angeles last Friday that the defendants "deprived both Lions Gate and many others of revenue that will be impossible to calculate because there is no way of knowing how many people would have paid to see the film" if it weren't for the copyright infringement.
Lions Gate said in court filings that all the pirated copies of the film originate from a single, high-quality digital file that had been stolen.
Sorry, thought the article referred to the crappy plot line (5 vs 1,000), and terrible acting. Somehow, I doubt those who downloaded it were going to go to the theatre to watch it anyway.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/08/11/expendables-3-already-out-millions-due-to-film-piracy

·
Registered
15,923 Posts
I feel like they lost incalculable millions in shooting alone. The last one was an abortion.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I watched it last week , it was definitely worth the free that it cost us .

Having Antonio Banderas portray the sole survivor of a team killed in Benghazi waiting for backup to come was unexpected . No spoiler alert that it never came . We didn't see the first 2 Expendables movies so I have no comparison of better/worse .

·
Registered
12,976 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Only if it includes snack bar monies as well... have you seen the phucking prices of shit! You could have decent meal for the prices of 3-4 peoples crap now a days!!

·
Registered
15,923 Posts
And you too.

Fucking Obama lovers. :-gay
Another stupid fuck incapable of having a simple discussion without involving their personal parroted pin dick politics.

How gay will you turn when the talking heads have to make that turn and accept equality?? I'm betting you'll be doing 8hr shifts at the airport restroom.

The Expendables was a decent idea, once. Then they made a 2nd one with a shit plot and outdated chuck norris jokes. I'm sure the third one is crap and then the "expendebelles" will make you wish someone aborted you. And then a few yrs ltr, they'll meet like some shitty 80s cartoon and by then someone will stop stallone from writing movies.

·
Registered
10,237 Posts
I wonder how many people that watched it online would have gone to the movies and paid through the nose if it wasn't available? Not many I wouldn't think.

·
Registered
15,923 Posts
I wonder how many people that watched it online would have gone to the movies and paid through the nose if it wasn't available? Not many I wouldn't think.
while i havent watched it online, i sure as hell won't see it in theatres. I'll wait til redbox and pay a couple bucks to see it.

pay through the nose to deal with some douchebags and dumb cunts talking through the whole movie.

·
Age of Acquiescence
31,695 Posts
I'm going to see this in theater. I grew up watching all these guys.
So for me, it's great to see these movies.

20 years ago who would have guessed that all the biggest action stars
would be altogether in a mercenary series of movies.......no one.

BTW they went after people for downloading Expendables 1 too.....
Later dropping the lawsuit. I already suspected this would be leaked to promote another lawsuit.

https://torrentfreak.com/the-expendables-makers-dismiss-massive-bittorrent-lawsuit-110825/

·
Registered
10,237 Posts
This is what I'm saying ^^^. The guys that want to see it at the theatres will. Those that don't care enough about it to go to the theatre will watch it some other way. They are losing fuck all.

·
Age of Acquiescence
31,695 Posts
Those that don't care enough about it to go to the theatre will watch it some other way. They are losing fuck all.
I wouldn't say that......

If there was no other means of going to see it, many of the people downloading it or
watching hacked copies would pay for the movie, or a Blu-Ray rental sooner or later.
There of course would be a % who simply just wouldn't see it....

Torrents and illegal copies definitely do steal from the industry.
THat would be like any broadcast company stealing the pre-recorded episodes of a new show
without paying for it and broadcasting it for free........that's the same kind of theft.

·
Registered
10,237 Posts

If there was no other means of going to see it, many of the people downloading it or
watching hacked copies would pay for the movie, or a Blu-Ray rental sooner or later.

Fair enough, I just don't think that they are losing as much as they say they are.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts

THat would be like any broadcast company stealing the pre-recorded episodes of a new show
without paying for it and broadcasting it for free........that's the same kind of theft.
But don't you think they have priced themselves out of the market and caused this?

Tickets are 10-12 bucks now and you know you can't not get popcorn and snacks at double the cost of admission.

Their budget is in the high tens of millions up to hundred million to make a movie. I treat a movie the same as I do sporting events. I refuse to pay for it and will watch it on DVD. Lucky for them I really suck at this torrents stuff and don't take the time to get set up.

I have been to 2 movies since 2001 Fast and furious 1 and I believe Ironman 1 or transformers can't remember.

·
Age of Acquiescence
31,695 Posts
But don't you think they have priced themselves out of the market and caused this?
Hollywood is not the problem.
It's the ginormous theaters overcharging that are the problem.
I pay $5 at my local Classic Cinema's theater for a matinee.

Sure,
There is a local AMC 30 OMFG screen theater that charges $12 per ticket, and $15 for 3D, and $17 for 3D IMAX.
There is also an elite theater with couches, recliners, etc that charges $25-$30 a ticket for pampered princess types.
I personally do not feel obligated to pay those prices to be entertained.

Mind you I have a 14 foot screen in my basement .....but I don't mind paying the $5 to see it NOW.
I'm a huge action movie buff , but obviously to each their own.

I go to the movies at least 2-3 times a month.

·
Practical Joker
3,431 Posts
I feel like they lost incalculable millions in shooting alone. The last one was an abortion.
I felt the second one was a disappointment compared to the first.

Saw the third one, was much much better. It was a proper movie.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts