Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Expanding OL632

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  ty_ty13 
#1 ·
Hey guys! I know us nitrous guys have a hard time finding a good class to compete in that isnt constantly getting ran over by the newest turbo/blower that comes out every 6 months, so I'm wanting to try and expand and promote the growth of the OL632 class.

The money isnt a huge factor for me but its nice to race for atleast $3000 so if you do win you can cover your travel expenses and wear/tear on some parts.

I dont have the all the answers on how to grow this but i'm sure if we buy tech cards prior to a race I'd bet many tracks would gladly accept our class.

Any ways I'd like to leave this thread here (Steve granted permission) to try and stir up some interest and some ideas about making this class succeed and move forward in a much larger way.

Thanks,

Tyler

#11 ·
That list is just a little misleading because of a couple things. One, that's at a radial race on a radial prep track and a few of those top cars are on radials. Two, a few of those are X275 cars because of point one. So at a PDRA race, that list might look way different...........but to answer the question, to be an OL632 "hitter" you need 40s in your repertoire.

#12 · (Edited)
no doubt. pdra doesnt even give a weight break for small tires or no wheelie bars... the PDRA class is favoring the slick tired cars much, much more.

obviously i think some favors were paid for this particular rule set but, whatever... i'll try and make the 11+ hour drive to atleast a couple.

#16 ·
I like this class, but have the wrong engine now. My old 638 would be been perfect for this class, & at my weight. Good stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.