Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
15,353 Posts
If he/she was running a stock case on a blown dragster then I would say they should earn a Lifetime ban from drag racing.

You also got to wonder if they were running an SFI flex plate and proper bolts. My eyes suck but I did not see any evidence of part of a crankshaft hanging off the end of the converter.

·
TEAM CARB
45,417 Posts
If he/she was running a stock case on a blown dragster then I would say they should earn a Lifetime ban from drag racing.

You also got to wonder if they were running an SFI flex plate and proper bolts. My eyes suck but I did not see any crankshaft hanging off the end of the converter.
Yep...my thought also

·
Registered
130 Posts
GREAT....Here come SFI Convertor tethers.
Is it even possible that a converter could come through a SFI bell housing like that in one piece? Maybe the bell to block bolts sheared off, I'm not up on the rules for dragsters but I would think they would still have to run a flexplate shield at the very least.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Is that the shield broken there? Looks like he had the proper safety equipment and the damn thing blew a hole through it. Is that correct?

·
Registered
17,417 Posts

You also got to wonder if they were running an SFI flex plate and proper bolts. My eyes suck but I did not see any evidence of part of a crankshaft hanging off the end of the converter.
X2 - No excuse for using a stock case. In that dragster, you literally are putting other's lives in harms way more so then your own.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I had planned on going to watch that race and stayed home instead.
This was the Southwest Superchargers group. I did not catch which car that was but I know the girl in the other lane and her family.

Some of those cars are first class operations, but it is a 7.50 index deal and I bet there are more than a few stock case glides running with them. I know I was when I was trying to play with them. Just taking a chance.

As to the tech, I am not sure if Little River does a lot of tech with a booked in show like that. Typically the group does police themselves.

Glad no one was injured.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Is that the shield broken there? Looks like he had the proper safety equipment and the damn thing blew a hole through it. Is that correct?
Shield looks intact. Would like to see what the flex plate shield looks like. I've always thought the flex plate shield should be extend further down and be fabricated stronger. Plenty of room to launch a converter between the two shields.

·
Registered
323 Posts
IMHO don't think even a Dedenbear or other case would have kept it in.........thinkin' maybe the flexplate/bolts failed. They were really lucky it didn't go up as it went out.........and yep that group kinda runs some sketchy equipment sometimes........:cool: JB

1 - 20 of 36 Posts