Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching some orlando footage over the weekend and noticed that the cars with the exhaust that exits in front of the rear tires seems to be a serious issue when a head gasket goes. i have seen 3 cars that the water coming out gets in the tires and the car ends up in the wall. has this ever been looked into as a saftey concern? i like the effect of this set up in getting the smoke out from under the car during the burn out but scares me when i think of a head gasket blowing.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
I have actually had the same problem with my old setup. My turn-outs were right in front of the rear tire, and when mine blew a headgasket, it caused me go tag the wall slightly.... thank goodness I wasn't going that fast and am a decent driver. All it did to the car was slightly ding the fender and buff a little wall paint. Took a couple of hours and it was fixed, now only a small scratch exists.

But I think your right, it can be a serious problem. But I don't think they will mandate any rule changes, because they want the exhaust routed from under the car. This should just be a known safety issues for the faster guys to stay away from.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts