Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

1000HP street strip 383SBC with an F1 procharger. Will have full exhaust. Right now I have custom header made for the car - 1 3/4" stepped to 1 7/8" 3.5" collector... Can I use these headers or are they too small? Also what about the collector? Is 3.5" about right? Car will have mufflers so keep in mind whatever diameter collector I will probably use the same for my straight muffler. Header also have cuttouts, so most of the time the throttle is wide open, the cuttouts will also be open.

Also, I am looking for a company that can make me an oval muffler. I have cross section dimensions as well as length requirement, anybody know of a company?

Thanks guys,
Chris

·
Registered
795 Posts
Oval cases or oval inlets ?

Borla xr1 are an oval case. I have them on my car. 3”. Made 900wheel on its first pull.

·
Registered
16,130 Posts
3 inch on the collector for a street car. If this is track only then 3.5 .

3 can easily be done but 3.5 on the street is going to create possible clearance issues. Jmo

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Spintech is what we use. Just did a car with 424" sbc procharger motor. 1257hp at the rear wheel E-85. 3.5" exhaust oval pipes great ground clearance.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Im running 3.5" collector to 3.5" oval ss with ss oval inlet and outlet flowmasters had to purchase the ss oval tubing and fittings from spintech. I went oval to get all the ground clearance I could get.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Running a blown 438 putting out 1013hp at the crank. Talked to a lot of folks smarter than me and they all said to go with 2" primaries minimum, and 3.5" pipe. This is on a '68 Mercury Cougar so I may have a little more room to play around than some of you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts