Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
changed them on a f-250 4x4. got them off with out much problem other than 8 broke off studs. Why you changing them?

·
Trump Voter NRA Member
7,216 Posts
The best way to get broken stud out that I have found is to use a dotco 90* 1/8" angle grinder, this tool is real small and gets in tight places . I call it my dentist drill. Then use 1/8" 4 flute carbide mill bits.
I bought the stuff off ebay, the grinder is a little pricey but worth every penny. I bought a lot of 50 bits, it usually take one bit per broken stud. I have done MANY Ford trucks with this tool, Its the best way I have found so far. Still sucks tho, but you can make good $$$. Oh, I'd recommend using only Ford studs, nuts and gaskets also.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok finally a little info from people in the know........ no studs are broken flush, i thought i wood cut the remaining stuids off at the manifolds with a small die grinder, then work manifolds loose then soakem, heatem,soakem then try turning them out. if their gauled in wher do i go from there???
need more words of wisdom, got new manifolds from texas and all studs and nuts and gaskets from dealer,ok wher do i go from here?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
none of the studs are broken flush all the nuts across the top are rotted offcausin exhaust leak on both sides of motor. Were10 cylinders a good idea???????????? IT SEEMS TO BE A COMMON PROBLEM.i have been told,they are on an 02 f 350 dump truck i just got.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
i had my buddy fix mine. had 6 broken studs on one side 5 on the other. had them all
out including the good ones and new ones in in 4hrs. Said he done over 20 trucks
already(ford tech) said he could do it in his sleep. lol i said he can have them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts