Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm running a '69 camaro w/ a 540 big block. It makes 750 HP and I'm looking on recommendations for what muffler or exhaust system to run. I have 4 inch collectors. Any help would be appreciated. It's going to be a street strip car. Thanks.

·
Registered
135 Posts
If it makes a true 750 i would run a 3.5 inch system, with as large body muffler you can fit under the car. I rec magnaflow free flow, you would probably need a shop or if you are good with exhaust, and a tig welder you can build it with pre bent mandrel bends. I owned a exhaust shop for 15 years. That is what i would sell you if you would have came to me for a exhaust. Good luck with your project..

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
I've got summit part#flo-53530 on my 800hp chevelle 3.5" w/h-pipe to axle sounds great,runs bout the same as open headers they are pricy but u kno what they say!!! ive ran these same muffs for almost 20 yrs!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
16,587 Posts
Your rear suspension will dictate a lot of what you can fit. What are you running? What is your idea of an exhaust system? Some guys think 12" of straight pipe and a muffler is an exhaust system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts