Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The information below was just copied and pasted from an e-mail I received a few minutes ago from Midway USA.
It appears they know something I do not.

Dear Peter,

We have been holding some products for you, waiting for other items to arrive so we could ship your order complete. However, we believe an Executive Order could be released any day prohibiting the sale of certain products such as high-capacity magazines and AR-15 parts and accessories. Therefore we have done a partial release of your backorders to ensure that any of these items and other items we had in inventory waiting to ship complete are all on their way, in case such an Order is forthcoming. You will receive a shipping notification shortly. Other items on backorder, that we have not yet received, are not affected by this partial release.

We appreciate your understanding and your business. We always put Customer Satisfaction first and believe this action is in the very best interest of our Customers.

Sincerely,

MidwayUSA Customer Service

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My understanding of that e-mail is that they will not ship anything to me that may be included in a soon to occur Executive Order.
Just thought it was interesting that they may have insight the public doesn't.

·
Peeing In Your Cheerios
8,512 Posts
My understanding of that e-mail is that they will not ship anything to me that may be included in a soon to occur Executive Order.
Just thought it was interesting that they may have insight the public doesn't.
Sounds to me like they are sending you a part of your order just so you can have it and not be effected if an EO comes.

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
I would call tomorrow but I took it as they aren't shipping stuff that might be in this executive order.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds to me like they are sending you a part of your order just so you can have it and not be effected if an EO comes.
Could be. I was a bit confused with the wording.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you were

"Therefore we have done a partial release of your backorders to ensure that any of these items and other items we had in inventory waiting to ship complete are all on their way"
Long day I guess.
I spoke with them about a different order a few minutes ago.
They plan to rapid fire out product the moment it is received, and logged in the system.
Customer service gal stated that the company is taking the Presidents EO statements seriously.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Congressmen Paul Gosar (Arizona) response in SanTanValley.com

Let's focus on the supposed authority of the President to simply enact laws by the stroke of his pen. Article I Section I of the Constitution vests all legislative powers in Congress. All. None are given to the President or the Courts. All government acts need to be evaluated on whether they are consistent with our Constitution.

The executive branch has the Constitutional responsibility to execute the laws passed by Congress. It is well accepted that an executive order is not legislation nor can it be. An executive order is a directive that implements laws passed by Congress. The Constitution provides that the president "take care that the laws be faithfully executed." Article II, Section 3, Clause 5. Thus, executive orders can only be used to carry out the will of Congress. If we in Congress have not established the policy or authorization by law, the President can't do it unilaterally.

In order for the President to enact a gun ban by executive order, he would have to have such power given to him by Congress (we already established that the Constitution does not give him that power). Any unilateral action by the President must rely on either a constitutional authority or a statutory power from Congress. What laws exist for the President to enact gun bans by executive order? The Attorney General is authorized under the Gun Control Act (GCA) to regulate the import of firearms if it is “generally suitable" for or readily adaptable to sporting purpose. Thus, the Attorney General could use a “sporting purposes test” by which he can determine the types of firearms that can be imported into the United States. But this law does not authorize a gun ban or affect domestic manufacture and sales. So it provides no Congressional basis for Mr. Biden or the President to create a gun ban.

·
102,312 Posts
That's the way I read it also.

·
102,312 Posts
Long day I guess.
I spoke with them about a different order a few minutes ago.
They plan to rapid fire out product the moment it is received, and logged in the system.
Customer service gal stated that the company is taking the Presidents EO statements seriously.
Okay I heard enough.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,261 Posts
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Congress has lost it's balls! They have to put that phuckin idiot that acts like a dictator in his place. What a bunch of worthless morons we seem to have in DC.

OP, sounds like Midway is doing the right thing and trying to get you your stuff ASAP even if you incur additional shipping charges for multiple shipments. Guess they feel that one the items are in your hands your stuff will be "grandfathered-in", good for Midway!

·
Just a Mean Ol' Phucker
21,399 Posts
Okay I heard enough.
Midway's Customer Service Guys andGals usually have a fucking clue....they're usually VERY helpful and have some understanding of what they are talking about, or will at least get someone on the phone that does know if they don't.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Midway's Customer Service Guys andGals usually have a fucking clue....they're usually VERY helpful and have some understanding of what they are talking about, or will at least get someone on the phone that does know if they don't.
Is like calling Summit. lol

·
WTF?
12,518 Posts
I would call tomorrow but I took it as they aren't shipping stuff that might be in this executive order.
They can't ship what they don't have, and they are shipping what they do have before any action is taken. Pretty simple.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts