Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Think it was the ground to the controller, cuz I pulled the old noid apart after putting the new one in and it looked perfect, but all that matters is it worked! This track isn't the best, I was .1 off on my 60', was running 1.40 - 1.42 60's and she went 6.13 @ 114. I only made 2 passes just to make sure all was working, my wideband is still wiggin out and tellin me 9.0 a/f and I didn't get my ottoscope yet, so I have no idea where the tune is at, so I didn't wanna push it, was just happy it worked and was running pretty good! I pulled a couple plugs and will cut them open tomorrow and put up pics to see what you guys think. I think it needs more timing by the mark if what I think is the mark is the mark, it's showing half way between the bend and the tip.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
congrats glad its coming together from your description the timing is close you may be able to add 1 degree if the mark is where you say it is waiting on the pics also go to 5lbs flowing and you probrally wont have to touch the timing it will put more heat in it and probrally put you dead on

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
congrats glad its coming together from your description the timing is close you may be able to add 1 degree if the mark is where you say it is waiting on the pics also go to 5lbs flowing and you probrally wont have to touch the timing it will put more heat in it and probrally put you dead on
Yeah, I was thinkin maybe 2 degrees, but i'm not gonna touch it till I get the a/f dialed in, i'm at my buddy's dyno right now, just waitin for him to finish up with a tune he's doin on a paying customers car, I got all day, so no rush, i'll let you guys know how it goes.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay, so my wideband is reading correct, the car is just fat as fuck, my buddy's wideband on his dyno was reading exactly the same as mine. We tried leaning it out some more, but I ran out of jets. We bumped it down to the 93 jet and bumped the fuel pressure down another 1 psi to 4.5 psi and that just started to bring the wideband out of being pegged rich in the beginning of the pull (whenever I first get on it wot on motor the car will show 13.5 - 14.0 a/f for a split second and then stabilize to where it's set at 12.7ish and during that time that it would show 13.5 - 14.0 it showed 10.1 on the wideband and then started peggin rich again @ 9.0 as it stabilized, but that's the first time i've even seen the wideband off 9.0 on the spray, so i'm gettin there, gonna have to get some smaller jets and try again. I still haven't cut open the plug from last night, but I looked @ it this mornin in the sunlight and I can actually see the fuel ring with the naked eye, so obviously it was definately rich, looks to be about half way up the porcelain and dark brown/black, i'll try and cut it today, just tired and wanna relax.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So anyways, I find it weird that i'm having to pull so much fuel out of it, do you guys think maybe the plate or solenoid can't flow the full 250 shot worth of nitrous even though NOS says it can? I might try bumpin down to the 82 jet that they say is a 210 and get the fuel right with that and see what she does.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.