Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Tire Waster
7,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I truly believe that everyone has as angle when they offer to do you a "favor". I look over their shoulder so I can spot the fucking that is later headed my way. I have been screwed in this "hobby" by everyone and my asshole is so sore I can barely take a shit anymore.

Does this make me paranoid?

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
dont agree at all....ive done many favors for guys and neve ask for a fucking thing back.

ive drivin 3 hours back to the shop to get a part for a buddy, never ask'd for gas or anything.

buddy of mine broke his g froce on a sat night at the track and had a match race on sun, i went home pulled my tranny out my car drove back to the track and was up till 5am getting car bac k togeather.

the only thing i expect is help me if i need it, and i wont ask for it i just hope they are smart enough

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
dont agree at all....ive done many favors for guys and neve ask for a fucking thing back.

ive drivin 3 hours back to the shop to get a part for a buddy, never ask'd for gas or anything.

buddy of mine broke his g froce on a sat night at the track and had a match race on sun, i went home pulled my tranny out my car drove back to the track and was up till 5am getting car bac k togeather.

the only thing i expect is help me if i need it, and i wont ask for it i just hope they are smart enough
I agree,I help people cause that's who I am.Not because then they owe me.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I truly believe that everyone has as angle when they offer to do you a "favor". I look over their shoulder so I can spot the fucking that is later headed my way. I have been screwed in this "hobby" by everyone and my asshole is so sore I can barely take a shit anymore.

You might want to think about changing the people you associate with!

·
Registered
9,850 Posts

sweet i found my new pit bitch :) just fkin' with ya' ...u the man .....with my paint no one helps me !!!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
sweet i found my new pit bitch :) just fkin' with ya' ...u the man .....with my paint no one helps me !!!!:rolleyes:
i love this sport, ill do anything to help anyone if i can. if im not racing im happy to be at the track helping out.

·
Dinosaur Mechanic
1,615 Posts
There is nothing wrong with repaying a favor, in fact it shows respect for the other person. But I don't expect it I just hope they have my back when I need it.Maybe you need to find new friends. Sounds like you got leeches instead.

·
Registered
659 Posts

If you're friends only help you because they expecting something in return....you need new friends

·
Registered
939 Posts
I have helped out several times to racers I know and even ones I dont - I have even taken parts off my car to keep other people in the race (fuel pump, delay box, ign. box, etc...) They have always repayed the favor when I have need something - get a new group of friends....

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I always give a hand with my freinds and they always help me.....also help people at the track that I dont even know...and I been given a hand at the track with people I dont know....kinda a two way street if you ask me

·
Tire Waster
7,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am the kind of guy that if a friend is at my house and sees a part in my garage that I am not using and remarks, "Man! I should could use that" I just give it to them. I fix their computers for free. I am the guy EVERYONE calls when it won't boot. Need a video card? Here. Need a power supply? here. No charge, I had a spare. But when I need help on my car all I get is excuses why they can't come over or last minute cancellations. I guess you guys are right. I need new friends.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts

Thats an angle:p:pYou expect something

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I am the kind of guy that if a friend is at my house and sees a part in my garage that I am not using and remarks, "Man! I should could use that" I just give it to them. I fix their computers for free. I am the guy EVERYONE calls when it won't boot. Need a video card? Here. Need a power supply? here. No charge, I had a spare. But when I need help on my car all I get is excuses why they can't come over or last minute cancellations. I guess you guys are right. I need new friends.
Ok then, it might be its just the car you need to get rid of! They clearly don't want to work on THAT POS!

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
Theres always an angle... either having a favor in the bank, holding it over someone's head or even just feeling like that person will speak highly of you. Maybe not horrible things, but they are things.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Not real friends! Wrong people , cut them out and also ask yourself this , there has to be people you know who would abuse your courtesy, well fuck em , cut them off!

·
Grizzly
45,815 Posts
People mistake kindness for stupidty ... and i dont have any freinds because of it...everyone now a days it all about them

·
Registered
919 Posts

The only person you trust.....is the person you shave every mouring.

·
Registered
17,920 Posts
Yep, always an angle.

For me it's usually simple, when I do help someone it's based on the idea of "pay it forward" and that makes me feel good because I believe in that concept. Others have helped me in the past and present so I am merely trying to repay the debt that will always be mine to pay back.

Favors always works best when you do it without expectations of anything else. If you felt like you were burned afterwards, than you didn't do a genuine favor.

Note - If there's money involved than treat it like a transaction, not a favor.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
I had friends like that too, they would only call if they needed something fixed. They would act like we were going to hang out, and then its "think you could check out why my brakes are soft, or why my lights dont work" and thats fine, thats what friends are for. My beef is that somehow it becomes MY problem. One "friend" always would say that he would shoot me some money, and never would. Or say he'd come over and help with my junk, and never ever has lol. I spent a whole weekend getting his junk to pass a safty, for nothing, no beers, no weed no money. It became to much when the fucking parking brake was sticking, and it was 8pm, and he wanted me to put new ones in, for free of course, so he could get it saftied tomorrow morning. I was working in the morning and I was not staying up late working on his fucking car. So I said I'm sorry but you have to get it fixed by a shop or something, and he acted like I owed him, and it was my fault he would have to spend the coin to get it done if he wanted it fixed tomorrow. Ungrateful dick, I did 2 inner tierods, drove him around to get tires put on, drove him to the wreckers, fixed the trunk seal, fixed the leaking axle seal(with my own part) changed the oil, for free and I am the dick. I dont fix cars for free anymore, I will help, but I am not a fucking mechanic, and deffentally not one that works for free.

I have friends that help me, and I help them, and it works out great. My one buddy doesnt even have a car, or know anything about cars and he helps all the time. So when his brothers car wouldnt start I was over there at 10pm, becuase he helped me with many things over the years.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts