Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as takin from Promodsource.com

The State of Pro Modified Racing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the low car count at most of the Ihra events and the Nhra not willing to make pro mod a professional class,why not have the IHRA and AMS merge into one.You'd have the IHRA pro modified class presented by AMS staff leasing.You'd have a full fields even maybe making it a 32 car field.The IHRA should drop the alcohol fc class and take that purse and apply to the pm guys.That would put pro mod back on the map.Right now i see two groups going in opposite directions with little fanfare.I believe this class could go to the next level with the righ chemistry.If rules became an issue just split the classes like the ADRL does if need be.Just my two cents,dont shoot the messenger.

NSCA/PRO/Fun Ford/NMRA aren't the only ones with problems :roll:

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what the problem is.......I found the bottom of my pockets......and I don't like feelin them :shock:

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
I don't see that as a problem with what this person wrote, who would want a 32 car Pro-Mod Field? The 16 car show works just fine for any professional category, any more and your going to have "field fillers" and thats no fun for the fans, plus it make qualifying count for something, look how many times the current IHRA pro-mod champ has sat out on sunday due to his poor qualifying.

IHRA went from a 32 car to a large field in Top Sportsman a few years back and to me it really took away from the show, qualifying doesn't mean shit anymore (except at the larger IHRA events).

Pro-Mod has just sheaded some of its dead-skin over the years, everybody ran a pro-mod, wether they could afford it or not, the days of 50 plus pro-mods trying to qualify for a 16 car field are dead. I remember talking with Charlie Buck and he was telling me how half of his customers back in the day could not afford to be Pro-Mod racing but they were still trying it. Today's times and economy have forced out the weak and underfinanced.

tom cowle

·
God Bless America
10,615 Posts
Jimmy Biggs said:
Thats what the problem is.......I found the bottom of my pockets......and I don't like feelin them :shock:
Pull out that Credit Card with 500k Limit.

The one you don't tell your Wife about!

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Chuck L. said:
do you still have the 502?
Question should be...do you still have the wife? If yes, then we know the answer to if he still has the 502. lol!

·
Administrator
136,629 Posts
That adds to the excitment.. Kind of like a Jerry Springer show.. People come to see a talk show and get a free ticket to freaks and fight night...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts