hard to think some have 100psi

·
draggin' ass
13,418 Posts
Rods held!

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Those triple turbo alky motors are NOT easy on parts.....

·
out of work hair dresser
8,341 Posts
hard to think some have 100psi
100? LOL!

I don't know where they are at today since I'm not longer involved or keep up with it but, in '03 Super Stock was running in excess of 200psi. The one I was associated with was running 218psi at peak rpm. The head was an aftermarket casting but the blocks had to be stock. You're talking about a block that was originally built for 150 or so HP and we were making around 3000. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Not diesels. Alky motors. Look at the pistons.

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,416 Posts
100? LOL!

I don't know where they are at today since I'm not longer involved or keep up with it but, in '03 Super Stock was running in excess of 200psi. The one I was associated with was running 218psi at peak rpm. The head was an aftermarket casting but the blocks had to be stock. You're talking about a block that was originally built for 150 or so HP and we were making around 3000. :rolleyes:
Did you steal an oil pan and money from those guys too?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Saw it awhile ago and seen alot of similar since. The rotating assembly (well most of it) is still there. Soo much pressure, the block and top end popped off like a cap on a soda bottle thats been in a paint shaker for a hour.

These guys are Boost-NUTS!

·
This amp goes to 11.
12,064 Posts
I've posted these before, I think, but it's worth another look:

Note that the head is still fully bolted to the block...it's just that the block decided to unzip itself. :)

·
Registered
979 Posts
awsome.... my buddy scooped his up and put almost all of it in two 5 gal bucket's...lol

1 - 20 of 36 Posts