Yellow Bullet Forums banner
21 - 40 of 71 Posts
Yep tried a little 116 Sonoco red in my mower once. Was like 3 passes from being done, ran out of gas and didn't have anymore mower gas. Thought "what could it hurt?". :p Not such a good idea. Started right up but started blowing smoke between the block and head. That poor mower was never the same after that. :-~hang:smt082

Used to run avgas in the mower all the time. Just park it in the fall, leaves no residue when it evaporates. Loved the smell too.

I mixed one gallon of C16 with 2 gallons of 87 octane and ran it in my old garden tractor.Other then the fumes a loud backfire and foot long flame shooting out of the muffler on shutdown it didnt hurt it.I smoked the hydrostatic tranny in it a year or two later and I still have the engine,a 23hp Kohler.

i use sunoco 112 in all the small engines , i love it ! its like being at the track but still working .

not to sound like a wack job but i often thought about building a little briggs motor to run on nitro just so i can get my high without going to an nhra event . lol .

I've ran it sunoco 110 in my ridding mower,and in my snow blower.
I liked it best in the snow blower,nothing like the smell of the fuel on them cold days of snow blowing.

I've never ran a little lawn mower on 110, but I've ran my tractor on it before when I didn't feel like going to get gas for it. 5 gallons of VP110 made farming smell just a little better that week.

Ran left over Torco 116 in the riding lawn mower and it ran fine. Started it up a few weeks later to mow and it blew a head gasket!

We run it in the go ped sometimes, that baby screams then.

I topped off my weed eater with methanol. it would burn your eyes.

I had to richen up the mixture to get it smooth. but it ran really well.

Still runs great to this day but its back on a gasoline diet.

Too lazy to drive to the gas station I guess....

:p

21 - 40 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.