Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First round byback money in the lanes before first round at a bracket race?

I won the round, but feel like I got hustled. :smt070

StreetCarFTW

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didnt throw shit. I beat the dude R1. But somehow still had to pay him 15$ on a split (for him) to buyback into R2.

Like I'm saying. I got hustled.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
With out knowing what the fuck happened seems like you threw 15 bucks.:confused:
i went to a local braket race. Pulled up beside a guy in the lanes Rd1 Elimantions. He walks up with his crew and said "Hey, you wanna split the buy-back money" for Rd2. And said, that way either one of use loses, its just 15$ to buy back in.

I said. Dude, I dont know what you mean. But that sounds good to me.

So he went red and broke out, I won R1. But found him in the lanes R2 and paid him $15 on the split.

·
THREAD KILLER
5,135 Posts
That response makes as much sense to me as agreeing to split a buy back in the first round of a bracket race. If I get beat so be it, thats the point of racing. Why bother having the first round, why not just bump up entry fees and get on with racing that counts? I just dont get it and I never will.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
That response makes as much sense to me as agreeing to split a buy back in the first round of a bracket race. If I get beat so be it, thats the point of racing. Why bother having the first round, why not just bump up entry fees and get on with racing that counts? I just dont get it and I never will.
This is what bothered me the most tonight. You could buy back in for the first 2 rounds. I think it would be much better it you couldnt buy back in. Or at least not past the first round.

But like I said, I learned several lessons tonight.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If I'm running a 2.5-3 second faster car in 1/8 bracket, I'm not good enough to hold more than .02-.03. Much different than the 1/4

·
THREAD KILLER
5,135 Posts
Thats what I'm say'n why bother putting wear and tear on your equipment if it means nothing, a run cost a good bit more than 30 bucks so Id just break the beams and back out, why race.

·
Registered
14,480 Posts
If folks didn't b*yback, there wouldn't be b*ybacks.

I get asked to "split a b*yback" whenever I pair against someone who doesn't know me yet. They know better than to ask, once they've met me. I never b*yback, and haven't over the past 30+ years of bracket racing. Take care. Tom Worthington.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts