Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the differences between the std and the pro? Didnt see anything on their site.

Just to save someone a post.......whats different besides the price.......thanks :finga:

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
The standard is divided and the pro is not. The pro is taller and has a 4" opening and the standard has a 3.5 Opening

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess im gonna be after the std model. No point in a 4 inch inlet with a 3 inch oulet on the turbo.........or is there?

·
Registered
254 Posts
I guess im gonna be after the std model. No point in a 4 inch inlet with a 3 inch oulet on the turbo.........or is there?
if you can't clock it in a 3/6/9/12 position then i would run the pro if you have the room. some people have distribution problems with the divider. in my case, my plugs all looked a lot better with a divider @ 12 o'clock than without a divider using a std ev hat. this was with a carb of course. you can remove the divider on a std if desired.

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,413 Posts
You can buy the standard with or without the divider .
x'2

And don't forget the standard is also available as cast or polished.

If your running a holley based blowthrough carb with stock style fuel bowls then you will need a 1 inch spacer also as the hat will hit the needle and seat screw/nut . EV also has divided spacers if your running a divided hat.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok. So on a 351 with 9.5 comp, high port heads, super victor, 600 ish, 242 ish cam thats never gonna see over 7000 rpm. With a S480 should I use the pro or the std?

·
Registered
751 Posts
i use the pro series one, i think its the only way to go

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
Std to Pro is at about 1000 to 1200 hp or from 3" plumbing to 4" plumbing.

Std EV Hat Bonnet
Divided or Undivided
Polished or Unpolished
Adding a one inch spacer allow 6 and 12 clocking.

The EV Pro uses 4" tubing is about an inch taller and will clear a Holley bowl screw and support over 2000hp.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Order the pro if you have room, if u want to upgrade in the future one less thing to change.

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
The EV Pro has an O-ring, the Std EV can be ordered with an O-ring also.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts