Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i'm going to try this in this section because of the traffic, would these ET Wheels (five window style) be strong enough for drag racing. spun aluminum hoops, cast centers welded in. or how fast/how heavy would be to much?

http://etwheels.com/et/5window.html

the rear wheel in the pic below. (no, this is not my car)

·
In Glock I Trust
6,808 Posts
That thing weighs 3410?

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Those ET's you will have no prroblem with they used this wheel for yearsssssssss back in the day and there actually made better now then they were then i talked to the owner of ET at good guys last year i was inquiring about them on my pro street car he assured me they were plenty of wheel for racing.
Now there no an SFI wheel but they make a quailty wheel non the less.
Any pics of you ride?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ET said no problem, i just wanted some opinions. i kinda figured that they were as good or better then the wheels used from the 60's to mid 70's on every form of drag cars, dragsters, funny cars, fueler's, ect... i've seen the wheel in person and they must be 1 1/4" thick centers at the bolt pattern.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those ET's you will have no prroblem with they used this wheel for yearsssssssss back in the day and there actually made better now then they were then i talked to the owner of ET at good guys last year i was inquiring about them on my pro street car he assured me they were plenty of wheel for racing.
Now there no an SFI wheel but they make a quailty wheel non the less.
Any pics of you ride?
i have no new pics, in a month or so i should have pics with the new paint, also it will be a 71 Demon now.

·
PowdercoatBill
9,379 Posts
i'm going to try this in this section because of the traffic, would these ET Wheels (five window style) be strong enough for drag racing. spun aluminum hoops, cast centers welded in. or how fast/how heavy would be to much?

http://etwheels.com/et/5window.html

the rear wheel in the pic below. (no, this is not my car)
Oh shit, what are ya doin'?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh shit, what are ya doin'?
most likely nothing, just thought about copying the front/rear wheel combo on the cuda at Brian's shop. just not gonna give my shit away to do it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts