Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm currently running a 28x11.5 15 ET Street on my Nova, and the fit is about as tight as I can go with the stock tubs. I'm wanting to switch to a 275/60/15 ET Street radial. On paper it looks as though the radial has a slightly narrower section width, and is a bit taller, which is fine. I'm more worried about side wall clearance.

Is there anyone with real world experience with both of these tires that knows if I'll run into rubbing problems switching to the radial?

Thanks

·
Registered
277 Posts
not sure this is gonna help you but i went from a 29/10.50 on 8" wheel to the new mickey 275 60 on a 10" wheel and i added a 1" more backspace so the outside of tire shoulda been the same and i have more clearance with the radial than the slick.seemed like the radial had a straighter sidewall now.dunno if it is cuz the wheel or the stiffer sidewall or both but sorry for ramblin hope this helps

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Funny, I'm from Joliet as well.

I'm assuming that was an ET Drag? That tire is listed as a 13.1 section width, 2 full inches wider than my ET street and the Radial, so I can see why you have more clearance.

I've got to stick with my 8" wheel for the time being, not sure how that will affect the section width of the radial.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I have. But can't really answer the question. The bias was smaller, shorter, narrower. But I can't tell him if he would rub or not???

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I guess I worded it a little funny. What I should have asked was did you gain or lose sidewall clearance switching to the radial.

If the radial is in fact wider, I'm going to have problems.

Thanks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
28x11.5 et street should be same as normal 28x10.5

My wheel Tub looks alot roomier with 275/60 mickey vs 28x10.5 slick

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks guys. According to M/T's website, the 28x10.5 ET Drag has a 1/2" wider section width than my 28x11.5 ET Street, so I can see why you guys gained clearance with the radial.

It looks like it's going to be a very tight fit. I can't afford to buy a set of tires that wont fit the car, so I may go with the 255's.

Maybe I can find a wasted set of 275's for mockup.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts