Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I ran a .055N jet and took a NA time of 10.4 @ 131 to 9.5 @ 141, air was 83 degrees, 59% RH, 29.77", 2134'.

Last night ran a .063N jet, again, NA 10.4 @ 131, went 9.38 @ 144.5, air was worse, 88 degrees, 49% RH, 29.73", 2400'.

In good air I've taken a NA run of 10.2 down to 9.3 with a .072N jet.

Why the better ET/MPH gains in bad air? Is is from the cooling effect of the nitrous? Still trying to figure this N2O stuff out.....

·
"Darkness"
4,942 Posts
I don't think the air played a big part. You used more nitrous and it went faster.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I don't get!

I used smaller jets and picked-up the same or more.

Two changes were made though from talking to Monte Smith and Steve Johnson. I pulled out more timing than I had previously and leaned-out the fuel.

I know, the fuel makes the power, but when I ran it around 11.0 AF on nitrous compared to 12.8-13.0 AF on motor I had some misfiring problems once in awhile, even on what I considered good passes (for my heap!). Didn't really feel them too much but the wideband certainly showed them.

I decided to pull a good amount of fuel out but didn't want the cylinder temps getting too hot so I pulled even more timing out. Looking at the plugs I pulled out too much since I really couldn't see a timing mark, but they are Autolites which maybe aren't the easiest to get a line on..........

·
Registered
8,135 Posts
Picked up power because the tune up is closer to being right.
Fuel makes power but to much will slow it down for sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts