Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it would be interested seeing Track times and/or dyno sheets and engine specs on your Cheap Ass turbo combos w/un/lightly modified Cheap units: S400/72/75, Holsets, Ebay/Chinese, factory class 8 diesel takeoffs, etc..... Hell if you took a Hx40 off a dodge and compounded with a mits eclipse turbo lets hear the results good or bad but just the cheap stuff and how long it lasted.

Just like riding a fat girl it was probably fun, interesting and you probably learned something so lets hear about it!

·
Outrunning the Big Blocks
3,270 Posts
You forgot the MasterPowers.
Lots of SBFs going 9s and 10s with a T70 MP
that were $525.00-$575.00 new.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
i went 6.14 in the 8th with the out of box ebay specials.no transbrake.baught the whole cheap kit and thru it on a 355.damn them things spooled fast and after 7 runs they smoked oil.only thing i still use is the headersand they have some nice braided lines..cut the ends off and put on some vbands and went to bw s480.looking to tune in a week or two with 388 and the s480.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey guys. So far we have gone 9.0 @152 . 1.34 to the 60 foot car weigh's 3000 pound with no trans brake .We use china T70 turbo's with eBay manifolds and modified barrygrant blow through on a 378 Motown Chev. no problems so far done 3meetings and dyno time.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone here running something other than MP70's? I've got an '04 5.3 w/'02 Zo6 cam backed by a 4l60 in a malibu that is a real street car. I would like to put cheap twins on it that work well on the street. suggestions?

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I have been [email protected] with twin mpt70s on a 370 lsx in a 3325lb zephyr on 275 drag radials.

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
Anyone here running something other than MP70's? I've got an '04 5.3 w/'02 Zo6 cam backed by a 4l60 in a malibu that is a real street car. I would like to put cheap twins on it that work well on the street. suggestions?
Cheap and reliable..... A single BW 75mm would be the best direction. Twins require twice and as many turbos/wastegates/ect... A single could be more cost effective.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I have a NIB S400/72 I am afraid the 1.32 t6 ex side will be laggy and it's huge. But on the G-body there is a lot of room. I guess with a quick spool valve it would be much better. This is a driver.

This is really getting off of the subject. I really wanted to see what others are successfully using, cheap.

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,413 Posts
Regular BW S480, 3,622lb car, 355sbc, 5.75 @ 124 in the 1/8, 8.96 and 152mph in the 1/4.

No dyno results, i'm not a big fan of dyno's for the sake of getting numbers.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dyno numbers for comparison sake is worthless especially on turbo cars. Let's see some pics and tell us what supporting parts you used. BOV's, Wastegates, boost controllers, I/C, etc...

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
I have a NIB S400/72 I am afraid the 1.32 t6 ex side will be laggy and it's huge. But on the G-body there is a lot of room. I guess with a quick spool valve it would be much better. This is a driver.

This is really getting off of the subject. I really wanted to see what others are successfully using, cheap.
An off the shelf BW 75mm will make boost by or before 3k on a 355 with a T-6 1.32 the smaller turbo should feel at home on the 5.3.

As for W/G and BOV's you get what you pay for. I have seen guys trash their motor to save a couple buck and skimp on parts...

Single turbo
Feed, Drain, Exhaust stub & clamp
JGS BOV
JGS W/G
Header or Manifolds
Cross-over, flanges, v-bands and support
Boost ref Fuel Regulator
@ least A1000 fuel pump
EV Carb Hat/Bonnet, unless EFI
Hangar 18 mods or tuned EFI or stand alone

This is only the beginning.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts