Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Billy438Stroker
5,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever had this done ? They do a endoscopy on me like every 2 or 3 years....Heres whats different with this one below...Just the spasm in the back that comes and goes i dont understand...Read below....

Had a endoscopy done monday' by the same dr thats done at least 4 on me...They done the esophageal dilation again also...Its been about 2 years since they stretched it the last time...No problems ever before...This time i felt fine till i went home and a few hours later started having like a spasm shooting from about mid left back through to my chest...The spasms just hit fast and leave...Now the spasms just seem to be in the back area only...It was monday about 10:30 when they finnished the test...I called the dr office and the nurse said this was normal sometimes and could last for a few days...Says its caused from the Dilatation...Im suppose to take some levsin she said would help....thanks

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Due to a case of Barrett's esophagus, I have it (endoscopy)done yearly, and the Doc told me that if I got spasm's, don't call him 'cause I was gonna die within 72 hours...Just kidding. I have a game that I play where I try to fight the sleep drug with all my might, but it always ends up like "sleep washed over the Dude." And to think Michael Jackson took that stuff every night!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
An esophageal dilator is one of the products my company makes. I feel for you guys that have to get that procedure, as I sure as heck wouldn't want that done to me.

·
Billy438Stroker
5,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope michael felt better when he wakes up than i did...Just feel tired...Spasm i have keep having in my mid left back have eased off some..I asked another Dr today and he said that you can have back spasms & pain from that deal...

·
Banned
31,418 Posts
my stepfather had this done just for the hell of it

2 cancer surgeries later hes glad he had it done-he had a tumor he never knew was there-and now hes got psycardosis that they regularly have to treat{burn off} but so far hes been in great health

we learned the hard way-dont assume because you feel fine that nothings wrong

·
Banned
31,418 Posts
Due to a case of Barrett's esophagus, I have it (endoscopy)done yearly, and the Doc told me that if I got spasm's, don't call him 'cause I was gonna die within 72 hours...Just kidding. I have a game that I play where I try to fight the sleep drug with all my might, but it always ends up like "sleep washed over the Dude." And to think Michael Jackson took that stuff every night!

this is what my stepfather is dealing with,barrets-psycardosis and esophogeal surgeries..

he went through hell for a while but hes strong

·
Billy438Stroker
5,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My nephew had to have it done ' cause all red meat and a few other things would hang in his throat...he would have to go to the restroom' no matter where they were eating..He says he can eat what he wants now...

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
My nephew had to have it done ' cause all red meat and a few other things would hang in his throat...he would have to go to the restroom' no matter where they were eating..He says he can eat what he wants now...
thats what happens to me. doc said the stomach acid was burning the opening to my stomach and closing it up, had it stretched and went off the prevacid meds and now its back again. not as bad though.

·
Banned
31,418 Posts

in the end my stepfather has good results so far..

but its no secret that years of him drinking sugary expensive liquors and eating spicy foods did its damage to the lining in his throat

im 34 and realizing my system isnt as tough as it was in college{eating hot wings daily-combined with drinking}..

·
Registered
902 Posts
Had it so bad that I got where I forced food down when it would get stuck. Well, one time to many forcing it down and ripped my esophagus open. Almost drowned in my own stomach bile. Got a 10K ride on Life Flight....don't remember it though. Now take Protonix 2 times a day and no problems at all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts