Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have just done a intake manifold and epoxied the ports a little to fill the floor, the manifold is a 4v tunnelram and i had to epoxy it to make it match to a CHI 3v head, the manifold will be used with methanol so i want to seal the epoxy for better durability and protection from the methanol, what is the best type of sealer to use?? i have heard about using acrylic clear coat as a sealer, but what other methods are there for doing it

Thanks

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Splash Zone is the only way to go. Rough up the surface first, then work it in. Wear gloves and wet the surface and you can easily shape it to your final shape or very close to it. I've never seen it come loose. Shapes easily. Don't let it harden on what ever you mix it with. You'll never get it off. If you mix small amounts you can keep the gloves wet and nead it untill it is completely mixed.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have already had the epoxy work done, i was just wanting to seal it with something.. thanks for the info though..

·
Registered
725 Posts
i have already had the epoxy work done, i was just wanting to seal it with something.. thanks for the info though..

Imron will work as would any high solids polyurethane.

polyacrylics and polymides will also work.

Devcon 2 ton clear is a nice self leveling epoxy that works well for a clear also.

You need to watch urethanes and high temp but you would never reach a temperature in the manifold that would cause a problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts