Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brent from PFI Speed is an ex-NASCAR driver turned tuner and youtuber, just got fined by the EPA for selling online parts. I'm not gonna ramble, don't watch the channel myself much myself. Still even if your not interested in the type of cars they work on, check out his video and see what he has to say.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
EPA has fined a lot of "tuning" shops, including diesel shops...
Raced with Brent years ago, He's a good guy!

·
Registered
200 Posts
The Diesel Brothers shop got nailed a little over a year ago - somewhere around $850K for selling modified diesel trucks.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Diesel Brothers shop got nailed a little over a year ago - somewhere around $850K for selling modified diesel trucks.
Yah he replied to the video cause he is also trying to do youtube himself these days. 850k is prob a lot smaller impact for a millionaire than a small biz owner.

·
Registered
9,646 Posts
Brent from PFI Speed is an ex-NASCAR driver turned tuner and youtuber, just got fined by the EPA for selling online parts. I'm not gonna ramble, don't watch the channel myself much myself. Still even if your not interested in the type of cars they work on, check out his video and see what he has to say.

It makes no sense that he would be targeted for a couple dozen computer add ons sold. Youtube is full of no life jackasses that watch videos and report people to the authorities. I watch a paraglider channel and the kid says he's reported a few times a month for nothing. He's on a first name basis with the FAA folks.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It makes no sense that he would be targeted for a couple dozen computer add ons sold. Youtube is full of no life jackasses that watch videos and report people to the authorities. I watch a paraglider channel and the kid says he's reported a few times a month for nothing. He's on a first name basis with the FAA folks.
Yup just like on here these days, prob several people not even into cars reading every post looking for something LOL

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Make no mistake about it. Racing is next. The EPA made it clear that any car or motorcycle that was ever certified can never be modified, period. Even if used off road only.

Reactions: Tom396

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
How long before they go after tuners like East Coast Supercharging or HPP?
They have already started. They basically forced a friend of mine out of business. Instead of tuning cars, he now teaches people how to tune cars 🤣

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Make no mistake about it. Racing is next. The EPA made it clear that any car or motorcycle that was ever certified can never be modified, period. Even if used off road only.
Yup it's coming, if there is one thing in this country that's a good representation of freedom other than guns it's cars. Drive anywhere, when ever you want just gotta fill up with fossil fuel when needed. Break down, np fix it yourself. Go to any town and count the auto parts stores. Control what people drive n do to their cars and you control them.

Electric cars can be remotely restricted and controlled with a few key strokes. Power shortage np, just limit the common folk use to work only. Go off your work route and the gps will start to power down or auto drive you back on. Trouble is these days most would rather have someone else take control so they can sleep or play on their phone. Convenience is the answer to ending freedom.

Just waiting for the MSM to start the crusade.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Yet that WHISTLNDIESEL asshole still gets rich destroying perfectly good vehicles while they are running at times. Hows that ok?

These guys are gunna have to ditch social media and youtube and go back to doing business the old fashion way. Maybe fly under the radar as a repair shop instead of full blown aftermarket n modifying.

·
Registered
21,725 Posts
Electric cars can be remotely restricted and controlled
Remote control has nothing to do with the powerplant of a vehicle. Anything with an engine control computer and that is networked via radio can and has been hacked/ controlled.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Someone set up a gofundme for Brent/PFI speed and they already have the fine covered. I’m not much into the import stuff, but Brent seems like one of the good guys from everything I’ve seen.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Remote control has nothing to do with the powerplant of a vehicle. Anything with an engine control computer and that is networked via radio can and has been hacked/ controlled.
I agree, there was a college kid who hacked and drove a car prob over a decade ago. He steered with the brakes. I've said it many times and who knows how many have hacked cars since, the oem's computer security is a joke. There has been people who messed with wireless medical devices in hospitals and all the other convenient tech, so why not cars. I'm sure we'll hear bout a electric car being hacked for a murder in the future.

Electric cars are accepted as tech heavy and would make it easier for people to give up control. Heck you could remotely turn off the charging ability of one. Even if you somehow banned a person from fossil fuel pumps, they could still get some and poor it in.

Electric cars still have a not so great range last I knew and many wouldn't wanna take them on a long trip n wait for charges vs filling up. Just another way to discourage travel.

·
Trump Voter NRA Member
7,446 Posts
EPA has already said when they are done with the diesel guy they are going on to the gas guys. The EPA is "self funded" which means all their operating funds and payroll come from fines and fees.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts