298 Posts
the dyno was broken
a land and sea dyno
couldent call them and here how to fix the dyno
'becouse they shut down

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
If you go to dyno, ask how many of the readings you are interested in are currently working, including the printer. Then don't take their word for it unless they will give you a money back guarantee if any measurement does not work, including the printer, A/F, EGT, Fuel efficiency, ETC. Take pictures of every pull or better yet video. You can also ask to see the last dyno print out from the previous engine on the dyno.

Last 2 dynos I went to had printer issues. Pull was recorded, printer just did not work that day Both promised to send the print outs in a few days when issue was resolved. I took pictures of the one that was my engine. Never got that print out. They said their dyno got hit with lightning and they lost the data. The other one, half the data was not recorded. Both were Land and Sea. I heard that brand is going obsolete and the service is hard to get. Maybe someone can explain if there is any facts in that.

I was also at a dyno in Louisville KY area where the engine was dynod at 800 HP but ran like 700 HP on the track. Engine went back and was reworked and redynod. This time it dynod at 700 HP.and ran the same as before on the track. In think the dyno lied the first time. Land and Sea dyno again.

·
Super Moderator
35,255 Posts
One reason it's best to use a consistent dyno. Regardless of what the numbers are, you get an idea of how those numbers work in the real world. I don't care what anyone says, all dynos read a little different. If you can find a pair of dynos that will read within 5 hp in the sportsman world, that is luck. Not a consistency. So use 1 dyno, get a feel for that dyno, and then you can know how the numbers will translate to performance.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
505” Pontiac
LSM billet skirted block, H&M billet RA5 heads, splined billet crank, Fowler billet timing cover for the TFX gear drive and front bearing support. PSI C rotor is going on top.
View attachment 76183
Steve,
Making some good progress. Looking really good. I have posted this over on PY.

Stan

·
Registered
67,984 Posts

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
If you go to dyno, ask how many of the readings you are interested in are currently working, including the printer. Then don't take their word for it unless they will give you a money back guarantee if any measurement does not work, including the printer, A/F, EGT, Fuel efficiency, ETC. Take pictures of every pull or better yet video. You can also ask to see the last dyno print out from the previous engine on the dyno.

Last 2 dynos I went to had printer issues. Pull was recorded, printer just did not work that day Both promised to send the print outs in a few days when issue was resolved. I took pictures of the one that was my engine. Never got that print out. They said their dyno got hit with lightning and they lost the data. The other one, half the data was not recorded. Both were Land and Sea. I heard that brand is going obsolete and the service is hard to get. Maybe someone can explain if there is any facts in that.

I was also at a dyno in Louisville KY area where the engine was dynod at 800 HP but ran like 700 HP on the track. Engine went back and was reworked and redynod. This time it dynod at 700 HP.and ran the same as before on the track. In think the dyno lied the first time. Land and Sea dyno again.
Nice the broken printer excuse just like my former builder in SNJ
Pm me for the story on that mess of a shop , i wont post name til the current mess is repaired

3341 - 3360 of 3362 Posts