Yellow Bullet Forums banner

3281 - 3300 of 3347 Posts

·
Registered
14,578 Posts
Really like the build. Can't read the chart though.
Thanks. I'm pretty happy with it considering the combination and rpm. Made 1134 @ 7400, 833# @ 6900, makes over 800# forever.

·
Registered
14,578 Posts
who prepared the heads? Can you share some head specs?
I did all the prep on the heads. Originally done a LONG time ago by MBE but they were rough. All new intake seats from CHE, new intake guides, new Victory coated Ti valves, 55* valve job, blending, and a 2* chamber softening program on the cnc. Intakes flowed 535, ex 370.

·
Registered
8,140 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
I did all the prep on the heads. Originally done a LONG time ago by MBE but they were rough. All new intake seats from CHE, new intake guides, new Victory coated Ti valves, 55* valve job, blending, and a 2* chamber softening program on the cnc. Intakes flowed 535, ex 370.
Why the softened chamber?

·
Registered
14,578 Posts
Why the softened chamber?
Owner is going to hit it with some nitrous somewhere down the road. 12* heads are NOT nitrous friendly. Probably didn't hurt it n/a, either.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
We ran it on C16 and the Sunoco actually made the same power. How much do you think the Q would be worth? I figure just the vacuum alone could be worth another 30 or so.
Lot of naturally aspirated racers use the C16, but it's not the best fuel for NA. C16 is designed for high intake temps........blower motors. Q16 is just the opposite, not good on blower motored unless your running an intercooler. Just saying....

·
Too Strong, For Too Long.
26,672 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Congrats again, Milan. Let me know when she's going in the car and I can help out with some of the sensor wiring and such...

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Would a BBC with equal quality parts make the same horsepower at 1000 less RPM and 100# more torque be faster taking into account the increased weight? Would it be able to do it with one carb and a cast manifold? Would it cost about the same?

Should be a Fast Ass Olds

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
hi,

One for the older guys this is the engine from our FED some might be interested its 276cu ,4" stroke, 4/71, crower roller cam, home made solid twin plug heads 13lbs boost,doug king girdle,.

it doesn't make a lot of power compared to o/h valve engines but ive been 9.30 @142mph in it:).

I've been doing a lot of work on it the past month or so, it has a lot of years of service under its belt its now got new ross slugs, bearings, cam bearings, ive just replaced the oring wire in the heads,

we are also putting an full flow oil filter on it aswell as its never had a filter on it.

Cheers H

3281 - 3300 of 3347 Posts