Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Big tire street raced grudge car engine set back/ placement? Few years ago it was line number 1 plug hole to center line of front spindle plus or minus 2 inches but now I’m hearing it’s measured from the axle center line forward to back of block. I’m building my own 25.1 tube chassis. I’ve done as much research as I can online tying to see if any chassis guys can chime in please and thank you. 108 wheel base/lsx/twin turbo 1500-1800whp
33x15 tire/ 2 speed th400 car is a maverick

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was a recent thread about this that noted a 6" change is approximately a 1% change in front/rear split. - That would make a few inch movement rather negligible.
I was reading about that and many more. Found some information but was trying to find some more in depth detail . Going to have to use all the info I have a make a decision.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I started that thread a few weeks ago. I have since cut the firewall out and set my engine back 8 inches. I was told moving 700 lbs back 8 inches moves 50 lbs or so but I had other issues that needed corrected so I went ahead and did it.
I think you are in a different situation than I am. I am 800 hp 111 inch wheelbase and more concerned about bracket racing consistency. You on the other hand are 1800 hp on a 108 and have to be mindful of wheelstands. When I get my car finished in a couple months I am going to update my thread with the weight change.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I started that thread a few weeks ago. I have since cut the firewall out and set my engine back 8 inches. I was told moving 700 lbs back 8 inches moves 50 lbs or so but I had other issues that needed corrected so I went ahead and did it.
I think you are in a different situation than I am. I am 800 hp 111 inch wheelbase and more concerned about bracket racing consistency. You on the other hand are 1800 hp on a 108 and have to be mindful of wheelstands. When I get my car finished in a couple months I am going to update my thread with the weight change.
Thanks for the reply man. It’s hard to find some real solid information especially on forums but there is some good information that is posted just have to weed out the garbage. Tim mcamis just posted a video on YouTube regarding this same topic if you need additional information.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts