Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
I did it the easy way and just put a 100 pound ballast bar, in the back seat. Car worked at any racetrack I took it to.

·
Registered
67,973 Posts
I did it the easy way and just put a 100 pound ballast bar, in the back seat. Car worked at any racetrack I took it to.
There is that too.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
For reference my 110" Chevy II has the same 52/48 split, and at 3400# has gone 1.25 to the 60, and we believe we can get it to very low 1.20's leaving on a little more boost. Leaving on a 275 radial, and it gets the nose up without issue but doesn't pull the wheels. Almost boring. Not sure what you goals are, but the numbers didn't look bad to me.

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
For reference my 110" Chevy II has the same 52/48 split, and at 3400# has gone 1.25 to the 60, and we believe we can get it to very low 1.20's leaving on a little more boost. Leaving on a 275 radial, and it gets the nose up without issue but doesn't pull the wheels. Almost boring. Not sure what you goals are, but the numbers didn't look bad to me.
Boring and not pulling the tires will be fine with me. Its a bracket car so I am more concerned with it printing tickets. The weight loss will make it quicker so its a win win for me hopefully.

·
Registered
323 Posts
So it sounds like you pulled a good amount of weight from behind the front wheels. That adds to fromt and rear weights. Anything in front would have more effect on from weight. Can you adjust heights a little to move weight. Lower rear, raise nose. 1/2 inch each could make a difference.

200 out should be a good help in time though.

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So it sounds like you pulled a good amount of weight from behind the front wheels. That adds to fromt and rear weights. Anything in front would have more effect on from weight. Can you adjust heights a little to move weight. Lower rear, raise nose. 1/2 inch each could make a difference.

200 out should be a good help in time though.
Yes I am going to play with it when I get it done and it's on the scales for the final weight. I had a little over 1 inch of front rake in it when I scaled it the other day.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts