Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping someone could help me with this.I see that John force has the Boss 500 engine.Is Ashley and Robert as well as Tasca and wilkerson running the same engines?I thought the way it use to be able to tell was the 2 blower flaps but,john has 3 so dummy me.I havent never been to a pro race before but,maybe when I get the old health adjusted,I can.I appreciate yalls help on this.thanks kenny

·
Registered
323 Posts
I'm thinkin' these engines are basically a clone of the TFX/Alan Johnson fuel engine that everyone else is running, as in dimensionally all the rotating assy/heads/clutch etc. can use the same components. The injector design has nothing to do with it. Don't know which JFR teams are running what block.........:cool: JB

·
Tellin' it like it is
9,740 Posts
The hats are crew chief preference. I do believe they announced a couple races back that all Force cars were running it and that the Tasca and Wilkerson cars would be running it soon as well as the Force designed 2010 Mustang body.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank yall for the info.I dont know much about the pro sports of the IHRA and NHRA classes.I just enjoy watchin.My dad use to race back early in the 50 and 60s and when I was a kid ,I enjoyed watching Bob Glidden and Lee shephard and Grumpy.I always said if FORD got back into Drag Racing -I would try and make it to a big show.Since then I have got burned and cant travel far off.I really thank yall for taking time out and answering my thread.I sure like to see the blue Ovals back nomatter if they are in pro stock or in TF funny car.thanks again kenny

1 - 4 of 4 Posts