Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have real bad knock SOMEWHERE! have put a stethscope to engine bottom and mid section ,dont hear anything, put definetly hear knock from outside have drained oil twice and filtered it nothing no metal.
now before I go tearing this thing apart 434 sbc oem block any suggetions? I'm thinking the clutch/pressure plate might be out of wack have heard a serious screech several times on startup. its a external balance engine.

·
mfi turbos rule
4,503 Posts
have real bad knock SOMEWHERE! have put a stethscope to engine bottom and mid section ,dont hear anything, put definetly hear knock from outside have drained oil twice and filtered it nothing no metal.
now before I go tearing this thing apart 434 sbc oem block any suggetions? I'm thinking the clutch/pressure plate might be out of wack have heard a serious screech several times on startup. its a external balance engine.

whats the stroke in this baby?

not the sump shifted across and hitting the crank alittle?

ash

·
Registered
634 Posts
I've recently seen a broken muncie four speed making some loud knocking noise that we could not pinpoint.

·
Banned
71,969 Posts
-) crank hitting the block at pan rail or bottom of cylinders.
-) rod bearing clearance
-) wrist pin
-) torque conv bolts hitting block

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
found the prob bellhouseing was loose and had 5/16 gap from block on one side

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
found the prob bellhouseing was loose and had 5/16 gap from block on one side
that'a do it!!

had a knock in my tow truck a few year's back drove me nut's trying to find out where it was coming from, turned out to be a bad muffler, one of the divider's inside came loose could hear it in the motor with a stick just as plain as day.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
only found pro because I started yanking the motor out.now i HAVE ANOTHER PROB
WEATHER to put back the 434 or drop in my sbc 427 out of the chivvy II the 427 has 225 + ponies more than the 434

1 - 11 of 11 Posts