Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my spare 383 and after I installed on engine stand I noticed the motor still had the same soft plugs,except cam soft plug,from the original build.This motor had 500 runs on it and I had new bearings,rings,valve job,vlave springs,oil pump,etc.I was curious if you guys have experienced this on a rebuild?

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
It depends. If I get the engine ( freshen only) and it's really clean and only needs to go into the jet washer I will not always take all the plugs that are into water out. I do remove any and all oil galley plugs and 95% of the time the cam bearings.

But there should be at minimum the rears out for drainning of the wash/rinse water.

Call the shop that did it and ask if they removed all the oil galley plugs, if they say no then you might want to remove and clean that part yourself.

Keith

·
Registered
13,485 Posts
if it is CLEAN INSIDE the water jackets..
and I was the one that installed and sealed the BRASS originals as you have stated...

I usually only remove the REAR ones inside the bellhousing area so that when in wash tank, the water will drain out....

also, this is because I usually put the SIDE watewr jacket cup plugs in with epoxy of some sort.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts