Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many of you run the engine chillers????I know [email protected] makes one ,and a new company that I had read about in national dragster.I think quarter max makes one as well. just curious as to how well they work and how big of a pain they are ?I have no radiator ,just a watertank..... It would be nice to pull in the pits and hook it up , let it cool off.

thanks
vance

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this is what Iam looking at.wondering if it would make life easier at the track:p

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UUUUUUUUMMMMMMMM ok......thanks for your Intelligence.....I think you have had to many chilled beers......

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
we made one out of a cooler
I was thinking something close to that....I have and old stainless pony keg and my old rule intercooler pump ......but something purpose built would be nice too...I seem to be collecting more and more projects that I wont get done the way it is ...lol

·
Registered
712 Posts
RJ Racecars has them cheeping then the C&R nicer then that other one.... We use it and it works great...

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I used an old cooler with a 110v pool pump. I got the valve off of ebay. I might have a total investment of 150-200 bucks in mine and it does the same job as the 1500-2500 ones.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
When i get off the shitter ill go to the pc an link a thread chandler made in 06 on home made ones.
ya did wipe rite ????? I dont want to click on the link and catch something:butthead:......lol
thanks for the link but the pics didnt work anymore.....
sounds like I will be building one....thanks

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
ya did wipe rite ????? I dont want to click on the link and catch something:butthead:......lol
thanks for the link but the pics didnt work anymore.....
sounds like I will be building one....thanks
pm Jeff Chandler he's a member here. He's also a good guy willing to help someone.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Saw these posts and figured I would show the following.
I have chillers for sale with a refrigeration unit so you DO NOT NEED ICE. Very efficient and quick and easy to work with See AD on RJ#2162701.

Will post on YB shortly also.
Thanx,
Bob B.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
snowmobile racers all use these in the summer. an old cooler a pump and some garden hose is all you need. make the cooler an open sump style where it just dumps the water back into the cooler rather than trying to make it a sealed sysytem such as a small radiator cover with ice. open system keeps the air purged out of the system.

heres a link to the quick connectors we use,
http://www.wahlracing.com/product.php?productid=20189&cat=0&page=1&click=srclick
very light and easy to use. keep the orings lubed with vasiline and they work perfect. i have my pump on a timer. hookup cooldown cart and walk away. 5 minutes and motor is cool.

i leave my cooldown machine in one spot and have 30 foot of hose so i can reach my sled where ever i get towed back to in the pits.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts