Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Methanol supposedly boils at 148 degrees, so my initial impressions are to not mount the fuel cell anywhere in the engine bay.

Has anyone had issues with this?

·
T/S 368E
25,711 Posts

Here's a photo of my buddies car and mine both with front cells.
Hope they help!!

HPIM1296 by J L, on Flickr

car in trailer by J L, on Flickr

·
FHRITP
48,856 Posts
Mine was in the passenger corner of the engine bay in a S10 and I never had any issues. I’d be concerned if it’s a stock car that retains heat in the engine bay

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
I mean if you hit one wall I don't think fluid under your tires is going to matter.
Have a 1 gallon surge tank up in my engine bay as well. No problems.

·
T/S 368E
25,711 Posts

I trust my baby cell up front with a nozzle pointed at it, over the giant ass cells I see some of you running in the back!!!
What I think is insane is the fire bottles up front out board of the chassis :rolleyes:

·
Registered
582 Posts
Would you rather have it in the middle of the car riding Next to you? It’s fine out front aslong as it as the proper bar around it
In the trunk inside the actual roll cage seems better to me as long as you have a proper firewall between the trunk. That's where mine is. Just thinking about the likelihood of a front end impact, doesn't seem like 1" bars are going to help that much. But I guess being away from the cockpit and not being inside the body might have some advantage over the trunk.

·
A Senior Member
2,786 Posts
You mean with the fiberglass bodies surrounding them.
I agree on por placements.

As far as the cell, ours is 3 gallon behind radiator support where the Firefox nozzles are. Sure it warms up, but never seen a problem with mfi.

·
Registered
7,844 Posts
I'm always surprised to see fuel cells right up front where it can take a direct front end impact. Not sure I would feel safe with that.
Like this?

·
T/S 368E
25,711 Posts

Obviously the initial hit looks spectacular, but how long did it burn???
I've been on fire, so I am not some stupid naive fool.
What we do is dangerous, some of us need a front cell, some of us just prefer it for performance, it is what it is.
Make the decision how you want, mine was front cell, after the fire.

·
Registered
7,844 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts