Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a step for a double door on the trailer.... havent seen much besides the flip out kind. Would like to build or buy one that slides out when needed
Any good ideas out there?

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
use some telescoping square tube, weld 3 attachment points under the door and 3 more on top of the wheel tub in the trailer so you can store it, then just build a nice step out of square tube and cover it in a piece of diamond plate. Nice, easy and simple.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^^
I was thinking something like that, but would stay under the door and just pull out and maybe pin in place.
The rv style wont work, looking to make full door width.
anyone else?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
WOW! Just looked at the $$$$ on those DAMN!!!!!!!!! Im sure you can find a cheaper version. I just googled retractable side steps for trucks

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
You could build an aluminum hinged one that folds into step opening that way if you build it strong enough you can drive golf cart over it if you need to. We haul 4 wheeler and golf cart and it is pretty tight not to run in opening.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Shawn I'll try to take a few pics of the steps I built for my LQ. One under the double side door, one under the LQ door. IMHO they are pretty sweet.

·
Registered
369 Posts
coppy rv steps wider and stronger i built the single step version.cut an rv step apart and copied parts in heavier steel woked for me and slide out nice from underneath.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have a Pace silver Arrow aluminum trailer. Pace made mine and it is exactly what you are looking for. I thought I had a picture but no luck. The frame is 1" aluminum tube. The step is ATP. It slides in on rails like a C channel. It locks in with pins and out the same. It is basically !" tall so is does not drag. The trailer is in storage. If I get a chance this weekend I will try to get a couple pictures.

·
Registered
99 Posts
The step came from Pace. I think anyone with a welder and some aluminum can make it cheap. I can't remember what the option cost me but I think around $150-175 range. I will get some detailed pictures this weekend. The trailer is in storage about 40 miles from my place.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts