Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at having an enclosed trailer built that can double as something you can have at the track and be comfortable sitting inside out of the heat. This is really a smaller is better thing for me (no toy haulers) because currently a 24' trailer is all i have and it's too long for me to want to hook up to if i want to get a bunch of lumber at home depot for example (truck bed isn't really an option).

Really wanted like a 14'x8.5' trailer but the salesman is telling me the generator box takes up a bit of interior space so now I'm thinking 16'. Should be long enough for lumber and long enough to fit a few bikes in.

I'll list the options I'm looking at below, what i need you guys for is to tell me what it is you really wish you had or have in your race trailers that'd make life a whole lot easier while hanging out at the track or something i could camp in for an evening or two, that i might not have thought about. Please keep in mind i don't want anything longer than 16'

Thank you!

• NEW 8.5x16 Tandem Axle Covered Wagon Cargo Trailer w/ V-nose, White or Black, (2) 3500# Axles w/ Electric Brakes, 6'6" Interior, (1) LED Interior 12V Light, 36" RV Style Side Door, Ramp Gate Rated at 4,000lbs, 1 Piece Roof Upgrade, Radial Tires, LED Lights, 3 Year Warranty on Trailer, 6 Year Warranty on Spring Axles, 5 Year Warranty on Tires, 1 Year No Excuses Tire Warranty - $5,199+TT&L
  • 7ft Interior Height Upgrade - $200
  • 5200# Spring Axles Upgrade w/ 225 Radial Tires - $600
  • Upgrade Axles to Torsion Axles - $400
  • 13,500 BTU A/C Unit w/ Heat Strip, Wiring and Bracing - $1,200
  • 30 Amp LED Electrical Package - $400 - (2) LED Lights, (2) Outlets, Light Switch, Breaker Box, 25ft Life Line, 30Amp Plug
  • 36"x30" Generator Door w/ Venting and Box and Lockable Door - $725
  • 12" Centers in Floor Upgrade - $160
  • Upgrade Ramp from 4,000lb Ramp (Standard) to 7,000lb Ramp - $350

·
2 wheels,no cage,250mph
6,992 Posts
can you mount the generator on the A frame ? I've seen it done previously.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Currently I have a 6x10 & 8.5x20 for the bike or sandcar. Many times I wished both were bigger, but I make it work.
If nothing else make sure to get torsion axles!!!
Generator & A/C would be a plus.
Never cared for the v-nose deal, almost a wasted 3-4 ft unless you build a workbench & cabinets in the nose.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
might want to consider a tinted window on pit side so you can see your stuff & a roof vent w/ built in fan.

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
Currently I have a 6x10 & 8.5x20 for the bike or sandcar. Many times I wished both were bigger, but I make it work.
If nothing else make sure to get torsion axles!!!
Generator & A/C would be a plus.
Never cared for the v-nose deal, almost a wasted 3-4 ft unless you build a workbench & cabinets in the nose.
The V is a good place for a home made shower

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies guys. Currently quoted at $13xxx plus ttl for the options i want. I guess i might as well see how much more a comparable ATC trailer costs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts