Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is everyone using for flooring in their car trailers? I just bought a 28' trailer and it doesn't have finished floors, I want to use some type of flooring with aluminum checker runners. Thanks!
Steve

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
MINE IS EXTRUDED ALUMINUM BUT THE COIN FLOOR WOULD BE MY NEXT CHOICE. SOME GUYS AROUND HERE HAVE GOTTEN CONVEYOR BELT FROM SAMS ,WIDE AND LONG TO FIT TRAILER

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is the coin mat stuff available from an industrial flooring place? That was going to be my first choice, just need to find a supplier around here. Anyone know the price of that stuff?

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
I think that rubber coin is about as high as .062 diamond plate aluminum is. If you want inexpensive I'd do diamond plate runners and use regular epoxy floor paint on the rest. I made a mistake on mine and used the self stick black/white checker tiles and those suck ass.

Craig

·
Habitual Linestepper
1,457 Posts
Friend of mine had the wood floor in his trailer sprayed with Line X , it came out pretty nice.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
I installed vinly in the front by the cabinets and bathroom then painted the rest of the wooden floor with enamel porch paint. I just put diamond plate where the tires set. I used anti slip grit on the dove tail and rear gate so dew and rain don't make it slick. It was cheap, looks OK and if something messes it up I just repaint it. Full vinyl or tile hasen't worked for anyone I know. Header heat and turning tires wrinkles and lifts both plus oil. gas and solvents tear them up too. RM

·
Registered
13,051 Posts
Mine has this stuff, & they are pretty darn tough. I want to say its 12 years old or so & none of them have come up. they are around 24x24". not sure how they were put down, but...........

·
**BOOSTED SBF***
3,303 Posts
I'm in the same boat with my trailer. Mine is a wide body 28 with extra height. I want to do the flooring and also add some type of cabinet package. I'm not looking to break the bank and just want something a little nicer than beat up plywood flooring I have now. I think I'm just going to add some wood cabinets since the aluminum are just a little more than I want to put into a trailer right now. I got the trailer from one of you Northern guys and it was used to race snowmobiles so the floor is somewhat eaten up from the spiked tracks. What's going to be my best bet to fix this damage? I was wondering if I could use some type of flooring filler and then add a rubber type flooring and ATP runners. (This is how I did a 38' g/n trailer I had a few years back) I considerd smooth alum. flooring too but that is a little more than I'm looking to spend right now. I have some nice heavy duty rubber locking squares that I would like to use in the front between the base cabinets. I hope to leave enough room between the base cabs for a golf cart of 4 wheeler. I like the heavy rubber squares because it's a little easier on the back when standing and working at the work bench. The rest of the trailer floor needs some serious TLC but the trailer as a whole is just to nice not to try to take a little better care of it than the previous owners. I plan to have cabinets down the driver side of the trailer (base and wall) and then maybe an equipment closet in front of the side door for my racing suit, crew shirts and pants, as well as helmets etc. I mounted E-Track down the entire floor as well as on the wall behind the door for me to securely mount my tool boxes. I just want to make the floor look as nice as the budget will allow because it was damaged from loading and unloading the sleds.

Would I be better off installing a thin layer of plywood and then adding a linolium floor with ATP runners and using the rubber locking squares in the work area? I'm not looking at a high dollar update but would like for it to look a little nicer and make storage and service work a easier for our new car. I want to leave the entire floor open front to rear for extra floor space for the golf cart, ATV as well as an Outlaw 10.5 Mustang so this is why I'm not going with an L shaped cabinet package. I may have the wall cabs wrap around the front but no base cabs. The trailer only has 28' of floor space so room is at a premium after racing 38-53' trailers in the past. I pull this trailer with my motorhome so keeping weight down is also important unless I can add some heavier springs or air bags to the mh. Any help or advice on both units is much appreciated!

BTW, SORRY FOR THE HIGHJACK!

·
Registered
617 Posts
My jimglo came with aluminum diamond plate floor and trim. Diamond plate looks really slick and IS. Get a little water or oil in the floor and it's bust yer ass time for sure!

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I did my flooring with indoor/outdoor carpet, and I made drip pans for the middle of the trailer, Its been 10yrs JUST needs replacing now .Its cheap and not hard to replace!!! David.

·
Lord of Lords
4,164 Posts
I've got the coin rubber floor in mine, brand new since Nov and it's started to lift under the tires and where pressure is applied. I'm taking it in for warranty so they can replce the whole floor. Apparently there is a version that has felt on the bottom for better adhesion to the plywood, if you get the floor with just rubber exposed you might run in to it seperating.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts