Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13,550 Posts
Its a tournament boat and is a very smart setup. I had over 20k in electronics and gear in my boat. Theft of equipment is huge when 100+ boats are parked in a hotel parking lot with little or no security out in the middle of nowhere. It gets old packing up the gear and hauling it into the room every night then repacking it at 5:00 am.

·
Registered
135 Posts
they make sense to me
keeps the boat and all the expensive equipment locked up and out of sight
plus added storage area and no worry of anything blowing out of the boat going down the road

·
Registered
546 Posts
I bought my 40' ATC from a drag boat racer. Although, he used a dolly to pull it in/out of the water. Looked brand new when I got it. Not so much anymore. But those boat guys are OCD or something?

·
Registered
478 Posts
I bought my 40' ATC from a drag boat racer. Although, he used a dolly to pull it in/out of the water. Looked brand new when I got it. Not so much anymore. But those boat guys are OCD or something?

Yea, we use a dolly trailer that fits inside the enclosed. Our enclosed trailers are just like asphalt racer's trailers. Don't know if boat racers are OCD or not, but but a lot of us take pride in our equipment. But I was the same way when I raced cars.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
looks redneck to me 100,000.00 worth of equipment and it all still looks new. even if you have to pull it thru rain the boat looks shiny and good for the sponsers .

·
YB Managing Editor
50,980 Posts
I don't know about you guys but when we have our Buick events everyone chips in 20 bucks and we hire cops to patrol the hotel parking lot at night. We had a whole rig stolen in 05 and since then have been hiring the cops. Not one lugnut taken since. ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts